That's a Big Win

Jagwar

10 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Has anyone noticed how much better the Oriole's pitchers ERA is this year when Benboom is catching vs. Rutschman?

..........I'm just kidding, but someone was bound to say it and actually mean it..... 😀

Benboom did have a 3.40 CERA last year.   The pitchers seem to like him.  

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That was a great performance last night, especially when the chips were down early and they could have folded after Bradish got knocked out. 

Not only did we deal with Bradish, but I think that win fully erases the tough loss in Boston. Now it’s time for Gibson to get some revenge against a former team tonight. Then Weds will seem just like last year. Next man up. 

Let’s get this sweep and come home. 

• Upvote 1

I think seeing Wells and Bradish (I know it wasn't for long) pitch really well was nice to see after the starting pitching in Boston.  There is still reason for optimism this year.  Hopefully Bradish isn't out long and comes back pitching like he did to start that game.

13 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Bautista looked DOMINANT.   Great job by Wells.   We got plenty of breaks on hard hit balls too.

We have to remember that he didn’t have a normal ST. Not surprising that he was shaky his first couple of outings although normal defense behind him and he looks much better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

Orioles showing a little moxie that has been missing here at OH.  Every win is a good one.  Getting back to .500 after an underwhelming showing in Boston is a good feel.  

Orioles will need to get their pitching under control.  This team will be as successful as pitching allows.  Last night was a gusty performance and kudos all around.

I think Opening Day was gustier 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

We have to remember that he didn’t have a normal ST. Not surprising that he was shaky his first couple of outings although normal defense behind him and he looks much better.

Frankly, he looked just fine on Saturday.    Every once in a while someone is going to turn around one his fastballs or a hanging split.   Like you said, with good defense he's 3 for 3 in saves and the bottom line is better.