Jorge Mateo 2023

Frobby

Yeah, the thought on trading him is really only if someone was willing to overpay, but that isn’t happening until he has a track record of success. 

I touted him all of last year and really feel like he deserved consideration for a GG. I’m fine with enjoying the fruits of his labors in the meantime. He makes games exciting to watch.

5 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Can we please put Mateo in the top part of the lineup to pair with Cedric and Adley now? Especially if you're going to sit Santander and no one is fitting for cleanup? Please?

Mullens/Mateo 1+2

Adly 3

Mountcastle 4 (If no Santander)

It's not a bad thought. But it's not broke right now, so it may be hard justifying trying to fix it. If we bunch up our best hitters (along with Hays) it may give us better odds of scoring the inning that they are all batting. However, the downside is those innings that they are not. It might be worth a look-see though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Explosivo said:

Perhaps he really has figured out to hit. Perhaps this is the real Mateo.

Well, I doubt it, because pretty much nobody posts a 1.050 OPS.  But if we can get a stretch like this and not have him then go equally ice cold, we’ve got a heck of a good player.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m really interested to see how long Mateo can stay this hot. 28 games is a long time to maintain an OPS over 1.000. Nosing around, looks like his best 28-game patch last summer was about .940.  

Would that have been July and August of last year?

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m really interested to see how long Mateo can stay this hot. 28 games is a long time to maintain an OPS over 1.000. Nosing around, looks like his best 28-game patch last summer was about .940.  

What if this is something more than a hot streak? He has always had the talent, but had a tremendous whole in his swing. If he has actually been able to fix that, could he be one of those high ceilinged late bloomers like JD Martinez?