Jorge Mateo 2023

Frobby

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Westburg is not in the lineup for AAA today. Ortiz is. 

I don't think that really means much in this instance.  Either of them could be in BAL by 8:00 tonight after the game.  Depending on NOVA traffic :)

And of course, who knows if Mateo is even going to need to go on the IL.

4 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I don't think that really means much in this instance.  Either of them could be in BAL by 8:00 tonight after the game.  Depending on NOVA traffic :)

And of course, who knows if Mateo is even going to need to go on the IL.

We could just option Vavra for Westurg with the lefty SPs we are about to see.  Mateo can take it day to day.  If he goes on the IL, then we can recall Vavra.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If Westburg gets the call, that tells me they are Henderson at SS most of the time And Westburg will get his chances all over the field.

I agree. I think that's how it will shake out if Westburg is promoted vs Ortiz, but Westburg is not on the 40-man so I would be surprised if it's him. 

36 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I wish Mateo a speedy recovery and continued success...but I'm still dreaming of a Henderson, Westburg and Ortiz alignment. It'll probably never happen because of trades and such but it'd be cool to see a completely home grown infield.

So, you're tired of seeing a SS who's going to hit 20 homers and still 50 bases?   Tough crowd.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Its probably just a heater but if there's any Pipping going on this month, its Jorge Mateo doing it to everybody else.

Agreed.  Many/most of us (me included) had all written off Mateo's bat.  I was willing to give his defense a nod until he bat proved useless to start the season.  Mateo pulled the ol' rope-a-dope on me!  

Godspeed to good health, Jorge.