Joey Ortiz 2023

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Otter said:

Wow, that's an impressive endorsement.  Wondering if Denoyer has ever played with Heston?  

If his bat can even come remotely close to matching his elite defense, we have ourselves a keeper.  (As long as Frazier is somehow moved aside...).  Or, I'd be perfectly fine with Ortiz in a trade package to acquire a starting pitcher.

To be clear, the question was, if Denoyer were batting, which position player would he not want to face as a pitcher.  So, the question wasn’t about Ortiz’s hitting.  However, in his answer, Denoyer called Ortiz “electric” and “my favorite player in the organization” and said “I love watching him play.”  High praise indeed.  

Edited by Frobby

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

To be clear, the question was, if Denoyer were batting, which position player would he not want to face as a pitcher.  So, the question wasn’t about Ortiz’s hitting.  However, in his answer, Denoyer called Ortiz “electric” and “my favorite player in the organization” and said “I love watching him play.”  High praise indeed.  

I find this question confusing and still have no idea what it means.    If Denoyer were a hitter?

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I find this question confusing and still have no idea what it means.    If Denoyer were a hitter?

Exactly.  If Denoyer were hitting, and a position player were pitching, which one would he not want to face?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Exactly.  If Denoyer were hitting, and a position player were pitching, which one would he not want to face?

Ok.  That’s the stupid type of question they used to have on the Dating Game.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  That’s the stupid type of question they used to have on the Dating Game.

Agreed, not even sure why it was brought up in this thread. I mean if it was a fun throwaway question, then great, but I can see how it confused people in the context of this thread. 

21 hours ago, Otter said:

Wow, that's an impressive endorsement.  Wondering if Denoyer has ever played with Heston?  

If his bat can even come remotely close to matching his elite defense, we have ourselves a keeper.  (As long as Frazier is somehow moved aside...).  Or, I'd be perfectly fine with Ortiz in a trade package to acquire a starting pitcher.

Seeing how much this organization values defense and flexibility, I would rate the likelihood of trading the Norfolk infield prospects as follows:

1. Norby - I think he's also a guy whose bat will play much better in a park with a less spacious left field.  His glove too, when he's in the outfield. 

2. Westburg

3. Ortiz

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

I was able to watch a good bit of this game.  He had a few good plays in the field too.  One ranging behind 2B with a spin throw.  As well as a slow-ish chopper where he showed off his arm.  

He also used his head on a bad throw from Godoy.  The ball was clearly not able to be caught, but he didn't respond to the throw, acted like he had it, and held the tag.  CF got the ball and no advancement.  I'm not sure the runner would have been able to go anyway, but still showing baseball IQ.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...