Samuel Basallo 2023

Tony-OH

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, I'm very familiar with game logs in baseball reference. Even if you are winning to "do the math", which I'm not by the way :D , sometimes players change positions during games and you'd have to go into the game itself to see when he switched and that's a lot of work.

There is just no easy way to get that offensive specific breakdowns while playing certain positions. Saying that, feel free to do the math and give us the break downs! 

Oh absolutely, I'm not doing the math either! Sorry if there was confusion, I wasn't suggesting you should do so, I was just pointing CHIP to a free resource where that information was somewhat available. Apologies for that, I know you already have enough on your plate!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Basallo good enough as a catcher to be Adley's primary backup and to form a DH / C platoon with him?

And by "platoon" I mean, Basallo DHs most days and catches every 4th or 5th day and Adley catches the rest of the time and DHs when he has a day off catching duties and doesn't need to rest.

2 hours ago, bluedog said:

Is Basallo good enough as a catcher to be Adley's primary backup and to form a DH / C platoon with him?

And by "platoon" I mean, Basallo DHs most days and catches every 4th or 5th day and Adley catches the rest of the time and DHs when he has a day off catching duties and doesn't need to rest.

He has a 32% caught stealing percentage this year, a .991 FP% and only 5 passed balls (which for the low minors isn't bad). Tony said in his prospect report that despite his size he's incredibly flexible and can do a split, only concern is if he outgrows the position given how he's still only 18 and already a big boy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CharmCityHokie said:

He has a 32% caught stealing percentage this year, a .991 FP% and only 5 passed balls (which for the low minors isn't bad). Tony said in his prospect report that despite his size he's incredibly flexible and can do a split, only concern is if he outgrows the position given how he's still only 18 and already a big boy.

Sounds to me like that's a Yes. :)