Creed Willems 2023

Frobby

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He obviously looks much better and confident at the plate. I will say this, he's infectious guy to watch play. always seems to be having a good time and looks like a great teammate on top of everything else. He's easy to root for because he looks so out of place with his body shape and glorious mullet!

The body shape is out of place. The power is not, unless it belongs at a higher level. Add in a plus arm and you've got something to work with.

Let's hope his improvement last year and so far this year is a sign of a better hit tool. Add that to the power and you have a prospect on your hands.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He obviously looks much better and confident at the plate. I will say this, he's infectious guy to watch play. always seems to be having a good time and looks like a great teammate on top of everything else. He's easy to root for because he looks so out of place with his body shape and glorious mullet!

The John Daly of baseball?

Hit HR#4 today!

Great start for him!  He looked overmatched last year, but is certainly off to a great start.   

I hate that John Kruk picture- I met him in Philadelphia many years ago and he was a total jerk....

11 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

It will be a real feather in Elias’ cap if this guy turns into a real good prospect. Wasn’t he the main overslot in the Cowser draft?

Sure was.  Seemed like plan B after they couldn’t go overslot for Fabian in the 2nd round.  It’s always good to have a plan B.  Lol

I think in podcast I heard Holliday mention Willems and Servideo in Delmarva roommate context.

Is Willems flirting with doing enough in his repeat of Delmarva for the Aberdeen test together whenever Holliday gets the bump?   

Probably not - the 250 bad and 50 good combine to a 696 Shorebirds OPS, but the different guy he looks like has already put a +100 on that sub-600 number from last year.