McCann activated Stowers optioned

Pat Kelly

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

They have more players that deserve to be in the majors than spots and yet BemBoom is still on the roster.

Bemboom has to pass through waivers to get to the minors.   We know Elias does not want to lose  him from what he has done over the winter.    

Elias/Hyde are having a hard time getting playing time for their bench players.   So optioning Stowers rather than having his sit on the bench is probably better for him at the moment.   He can be called up when needed.   Santander or Hays strain a muscle and Stowers can get called up actually play instead of sit.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That comment is not helpful to a logical discussion.

I’m just making a joke.  I’ve already said elsewhere that one bad play doesn’t take away from the fact that McKenna is a good defender.   He’s a better defender than Stowers and arguably we need a good defensive backup more than we need Stowers’ skill set, so long as Hays and Santander are healthy.  

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Extremely limited.

Does any other team carry three catchers these days?

At least with Stowers you got a guy that can PH and run into one.

Whoever is in the 13th spot looks like they’re in an extremely limited role right now.   Guess they’d rather Stowers get regular AAA bats than be an occasional PH.   The only way a 13 guy gets any regular AB’s is if they platoon one of the outfielders or Mountcastle.

I just think you can have Santander Stowers Hays and Mullins basically in a 4 man rotation (+/-) each playing 3 days out of 4 (can also mix in as DH). If Stowers is sitting on bench agree he should be getting ABs in AAA, but he shouldn’t be sitting on the bench!

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I read it as they are not sure McCann is 100% healthy.

Which, if true, should lead to McCann having a rehab stint.

Is this a respect the vet thing?

Good question.  He had a 2-game rehab.  Why so short if they’re still concerned about his health?