Gunnar Henderson 2023

Just Regular

18 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Gunnar has scraped his way up above the Mendoza line.  OPS above .700.  Hopefully showing signs of life, this offense needs him. 

He’s at .304/.385/.478 his last 7. Definite signs of life 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Gunnar has looked better at the plate the last two days.  He did let a ball get under his glove for a single at least once, maybe twice.  Not easy plays, but I found myself wondering if Urias would have made them.  

It’s obviously a very small sample size at this point, but his defense so far has been pretty spotty. Definitely not a Machado-esque defensive debut. 

10 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Gunnar has scraped his way up above the Mendoza line.  OPS above .700.  Hopefully showing signs of life, this offense needs him. 

You mean people who are sending he should be sent down are being too quick to judge and making irrational, ridiculous statements?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He doesn't look like he is having fun.

Most players who are slumping don’t.

He is a bit in his own head right now, especially defensively.

He will be fine but I do think it’s interesting to comp him to Carroll, the other guy some had as the best prospect.  Carroll certainly seems to be the guy who should have been #1 by everybody.

Now that we've had about half our live looks at Masataka Yoshida, are you confident Gunnar can outplay him for that shiny draft pick?

Jung, Volpe and Yoshida up about half a WAR already by Fangraphs reckoning.     Neto will also get 600 PA if he doesn't drown.

Hunter Brown and Taj Bradley very strong but platform questions for volume as with any rookie pitcher.    Ibid Grayson Rodriguez.

Maybe it'll just be Yennier Cano.

Optics with voters will I think be good if BAL stays in race for AL6, and extra good if they qualify.    As these kids today get everything more quickly, Anthony Volpe walking in Jeter's footsteps looks like he is NOT going to have to bat low all year long.    Some of that is the 2023 Yankees aren't the 1996 Yankees.

Edited by Just Regular