We really are in a monster of a division

dystopia

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Everyone in the Central is going to have to play the East at some point.

Yeah. 
People keep bringing up the new schedule but we have played 25 games. I mean it should not be making a big impact in that small of a sample size. 

Bottom line is right now anyway, there is a big difference between the top and bottom teams. The separation floors me to be honest. 

The season so far resembles more of an NFL season than MLB season. 

So Rays no hit through 6, then score TEN in seventh over CHI .. unbelievable lineup right now 

Red Sox score two in bottom of 10th to beat Cleveland 

I am increasingly thinking that MLB does just need to go to top 6 in each league playoff format and get rid of divisions altogether 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

I am increasingly thinking that MLB does just need to go to top 6 in each league playoff format and get rid of divisions altogether 

The next realignment may come with expansion. If the league expands by 2 teams a common proposal has been two divisions in each league, an 8 team east and 8 team west. That would at least end the current trend of fairly strong east/wests and terrible centrals. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

The next realignment may come with expansion. If the league expands by 2 teams a common proposal has been two divisions in each league, an 8 team east and 8 team west. That would at least end the current trend of fairly strong east/wests and terrible centrals. 

From 1969-1994 , the era of East and West Divisions, arguably the best modern era. 

I am not in favor of the single league format unless it includes at least 6 playoff qualifiers. 

7 hours ago, tntoriole said:

So Rays no hit through 6, then score TEN in seventh over CHI .. unbelievable lineup right now 

Red Sox score two in bottom of 10th to beat Cleveland 

White Sox imploding again today. 

5 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

I would be very surprised if it’s not 8 - 4 team divisions. 

• Upvote 1