That was a big win

Frobby

I have something of a house money feeling with tonight's game.    Its kind of a heat check for Dean Kremer, and a test if Orioles Bats can still easily be flummoxed with an assortment of near replacement level pitchers.

This past week has been absorbing the shock of the Worst to Best transition; 3-3 would be a plus outcome.    Grayson Rodriguez beating one of the best teams in the league after their Ace smothered us is a nice feeling of parity.     We'll have McClanahan-Grayson in time.

The Goldilocks run of medium opponents starts after the home off day - PIT-LAA-TOR-NYY-TEX-CLE.     What roster does Elias go after them with?    Will the baseball gods grace us with a Shohei-Grayson game?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I have something of a house money feeling with tonight's game.    Its kind of a heat check for Dean Kremer, and a test if Orioles Bats can still easily be flummoxed with an assortment of near replacement level pitchers.

This past week has been absorbing the shock of the Worst to Best transition; 3-3 would be a plus outcome.    Grayson Rodriguez beating one of the best teams in the league after their Ace smothered us is a nice feeling of parity.     We'll have McClanahan-Grayson in time.

The Goldilocks run of medium opponents starts after the home off day - PIT-LAA-TOR-NYY-TEX-CLE.     What roster does Elias go after them with?    Will the baseball gods grace us with a Shohei-Grayson game?

Pittsburgh is 2-8 in their last ten games but holding on to first place by a hair. Angels are mediocre. Blue Jays probably best of the bunch. Yankees got Bader and Judge back so should be better. Texas playing well but Degrom will be out for awhile. Shocking I know.Indians have not hit .

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I have high hopes for Grayson too. But we might be making a giant leap putting him in any type of category with some of the game's best like McClanahan and Ohtani. He still has a LONG WAY to go to get to where those guys are. But I hear you... one can still dream...lol

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Pittsburgh is 2-8 in their last ten games but holding on to first place by a hair. Angels are mediocre. Blue Jays probably best of the bunch. Yankees got Bader and Judge back so should be better. Texas playing well but Degrom will be out for awhile. Shocking I know.Indians have not hit .

Pirates ran into the Al East and got brought down a peg or two.  Hoping we continue that trend when we play them.  

• Upvote 2

If seems like for we have just about reached the point where we have enough good field players that when some are cold, there are likely to be others heainf up to offset. That could get even better this year. When Tate and Givens come back, we might be able to say the same thing about the pen. We ar years of development and/or two big trades or FA signings from being there with our starters.

40 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Thanks Frobby-I am a pessimist by nature so I need to remember games like last night that could and maybe should have gone the other way.  At the end of the year there is balance.

Yes.  The last three losses all felt winnable.  This win was loseable - and a bad one to lose.