Why wasn’t Mullins in for defense in the 9th last night?

dystopia

6 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I’m sorry I don’t have time to go searching through every thread on here to find something like that. Not everyone spends their entire life on this board like you do. 

It didn’t spell out the fact he wasn’t even with the team in that article. Obviously that being the case is answers my question. 

Actually, it does--it's the main point of the very brief piece:

"Orioles manager Brandon Hyde said Mullins is out of the lineup Thursday for personal reasons, Nathan Ruiz of The Baltimore Sun reports.

"Hyde noted that it should just be a one-day absence for Mullins."

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Good question. I wasn't looking for him, but based on the announcement Mullins might not have even been with the team last night. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he's back with the team tonight.

According to the Yankees radio, no he was not there. They made it sound like he went to Baltimore early. 

Whatever it is, I hope everything is okay with him and his family. Some things are more important than baseball.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

"Orioles manager Brandon Hyde said Mullins is out of the lineup Thursday for personal reasons, Nathan Ruiz of The Baltimore Sun reports.

Ultimately it's not really all that important, but I don't think what you've quoted above indicates that he wasn't with the team at all.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

According to the Yankees radio, no he was not there. They made it sound like he went to Baltimore early. 

Whatever it is, I hope everything is okay with him and his family. Some things are more important than baseball.

Clearly I should have been listening to Yankees radio so I knew not to make this stupid thread. How silly of me! 

I’m sure that’s what someone will say next. 

34 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Ultimately it's not really all that important, but I don't think what you've quoted above indicates that he wasn't with the team at all.  

"absence" means not present.

6 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Clearly I should have been listening to Yankees radio so I knew not to make this stupid thread. How silly of me! 

I’m sure that’s what someone will say next. 

I didn't mean it to come across that way. I was just trying to give a different context.

38 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I have never seen in decades of baseball a player excused for "personal reasons," but nonetheless in the dugout.

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

If it just a one day absence, that would make me think it’s not something overly serious. Hopefully that is the case.