Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

7 minutes ago, Jurczak said:

After a few days of ungood results, had a 9/9 again with 7 Orioles. 40 of my 45 came from one guess. @Moose Milligan glad to see I wasn't the only thinking about that trade for SF/BAL

Hide contents

image.png.4c5aa754b4dc2b52fa2bbeae90026fca.png

Great job!

Yeah, first thought of Fatson and then figured a better pick would be who we traded him for.  I thought Moss was gonna be someone at the time, that's why I remembered him.

Can't believe I didnt' realize there was a running thread for this until now!  Love the game and its something me and my dad have got to bond over.  We text every day about it, and brings us back to having baseball as a shared interest like we did when I was growing up. 

I messed up on my phone with a certain other LM for O's center fielder, lazily picking the guy who debuted this year.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.77411b6cb620cdd6009db4454079d11e.png

• Upvote 2

On 3/7/2024 at 8:44 PM, Frobby said:

Always good to remember, on those 1st rounder questions, that the player doesn’t need to have been drafted by the team, he just needs to have played with them.  I couldn’t think of a Royals pick other than Witt either, but I remembered that Benintendi had played for them and was a 1st rounder for the Red Sox.  

Jeremy Guthrie was a 1st round pick too.

9/9, 51.  Work computers locked down pretty tight by the SAs, can't do screen capture.  Middle column I used all Orioles and the TOTAL of that column was < 0.1%.

Spoiler

Sonny Gray 19%, Jim Dwyer 0.03%, Jim Kaat 13%

Mike Morgan 0.4%, John Lowenstein 0.04%, Ferguson Jenkins 8%

Jason Giambi 6%, David Segui 0.01%, Orel Hershiser 5%.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not my best score, but I don't think I spent more than two minutes on this grid.  If there was an option for shortest amount of time, this might be a winner.

I'd like it if they told you the amount of time as a metric on top of the rarity score. Doing it as fast as possible would be a fun and different skill from doing it with obscure players. 

• Upvote 1