Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

9/9, 18 score today. I thought this one was fairly easy if you can remember some random all star players for column three and it's always easier when there's an Orioles category.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f77a15f633eee0640be7ae8db7b27aed.png

Alomar and Kennedy, well done. 

@SteveAyou could get all Orioles on this grid, I think. Obviously easier with the Orioles row but I think you can do it. 

Edit: actually you totally can. I looked at the answers, I wouldn’t say it’s easy but there are definitely some names that wouldn’t be a stretch to think of. 

Edited by Moose Milligan

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 36

Darryl Strawberry, Roberto Alomar, David Cone

Tippy Martinez, Mark Eichhorn, Don Aase

Rich Gossage, Joe Carter, Terry Kennedy 

Mark Eichhorn was the name I was trying to remember for the Orioles-Blue Jays square, but I just couldn't remember. Good pull on Don Aase I forgot he was an all star.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I guess Saturday is the easy grid day.  9/9, 28 for me.  I was surprised that some of my answers were as popular as they were.  

Yes, it was easy.

I had 9/9, 40.   I used 8 Orioles (and the non Oriole was 22% so my 8 Orioles totaled 18 rarity points).

Spoiler

30 HRs / Cincinnati -- Frank Robinson
30 HRs / Boston -- Fred Lynn
30 HRs / pitched 1 game -- Chris Davis, of course

Gold Glove / Cincinnati -- Barry Larkin (the only non Oriole)
Gold Glove / Boston -- Dwight Evans
Gold GLove / pitched 1 game -- Jim Palmer

Born outside US / Cincinnati -- Jose Iglesias
Born outside US / Boston -- Koji Uehara
Born outside US / pitched 1 game -- Manny Alexander (0.02%)

And... it appears i could have gone all Orioles if I had used Eric Davis for Gold Glove / Cincinnati.   Opportunity missed.   How did I forget ED?

Edited by SteveA

20 hours ago, SteveA said:

Yes, it was easy.

I had 9/9, 40.   I used 8 Orioles (and the non Oriole was 22% so my 8 Orioles totaled 18 rarity points).

Hide contents

30 HRs / Cincinnati -- Frank Robinson
30 HRs / Boston -- Fred Lynn
30 HRs / pitched 1 game -- Chris Davis, of course

Gold Glove / Cincinnati -- Barry Larkin (the only non Oriole)
Gold Glove / Boston -- Dwight Evans
Gold GLove / pitched 1 game -- Jim Palmer

Born outside US / Cincinnati -- Jose Iglesias
Born outside US / Boston -- Koji Uehara
Born outside US / pitched 1 game -- Manny Alexander (0.02%)

And... it appears i could have gone all Orioles if I had used Eric Davis for Gold Glove / Cincinnati.   Opportunity missed.   How did I forget ED?

I am surprised Larkin drew 22%.  But you could have used an Oriole there!  Frank Robinson won a gold glove with the Reds, and he scored only 0.5%.   You c could had an all-Orioles 19 score!

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I am surprised Larkin drew 22%.  But you could have used an Oriole there!  Frank Robinson won a gold glove with the Reds, and he scored only 0.5%.   You c could had an all-Orioles 19 score!

Well, I couldn't use Frank there because I had used him for Cincinnati + 30 HR season.   But I could have used Eric Davis for the gold glove there to get all Orioles.   Or used Frank for the GG and ED for the 30.

Unfortunately I didn't think of Eric Davis so I fell one short.   Shame on me.

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 151

Hide contents

Jamie Moyer, Ken Griffey Jr, Edgar Martinez

Rick Reuschel, Willie Mays, Pablo Sandoval

Moises Alou, Barry Bonds, Jeff King

I tried to be cute today and it burned me.  I picked Mateo Alou for my Pirates 100 run guy (0.4%), so I decided to use Felipe Alou for my Giants 100 run guy.  Turns out he maxed out at 96 runs as a Giant.  Oops.  I was correct on my second choice but didn’t get a shot at Seattle/Cubs before I ran out of guesses.  Not sure I would have gotten that square anyway.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I tried to be cute today and it burned me.  I picked Mateo Alou for my Pirates 100 run guy (0.4%), so I decided to use Felipe Alou for my Giants 100 run guy.  Turns out he maxed out at 96 runs as a Giant.  Oops.  I was correct on my second choice but didn’t get a shot at Seattle/Cubs before I ran out of guesses.  Not sure I would have gotten that square anyway.  

Jamie Moyer.   The last person older than me to play in the majors.

(As opposed to Dwight Gooden.   The first person younger than me to play in the majors).