TB: 10

Tor: 2

NYY: Eliminated

Bos: Eliminated

Opp Magic Numbers:

TB: 15

Tor: 24

With the pool leagues big in Baltimore, this may make sense to folks:

1) There are 24 results remaining in total for both teams (13 O's games, 11 Rays games)

2) The Orioles need 10 of those games to go their way, while the Rays need 15

3) One can think of the Orioles and Rays as a best-of-24 competition where the O's need to finish no worse than 10-14 and the Rays need to have the results fall in their favor by at least 15-9.  

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It would be cool if the hapless Angels could do their job tomorrow against Tampa. 

Angels are already making their plans for the off-season they're 4-12 in September, but if the Royals can win 2 out of 3 against the Astros maybe the Angels can at least avoid a sweep.

At this point the Orioles just need to keep this lead the clock is ticking down for the Rays.

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It would be cool if the hapless Angels could do their job tomorrow against Tampa. 

Not counting on that at all. TB will sweep. But they should lose a couple in their six games against Toronto. O's need to take care of their business.

I had a ticket to Cal's last game in Baltimore!! My boss at the time was a big Orioles fan so she gave me a ticket and I was going to be there for history. Then a thing called 9/11 happened and baseball stopped for a week so my ticket to Cal's last game in Baltimore just became a ticket to a Sunday night game. I did get to see this last in Cal's career, though. 

• Upvote 1