Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Dubroff thinks a starter and reliever. Elias doesn’t want rentals. May have to cave mentioned Lorezen. Talked about Carlson possibly. Talked about Ortiz coming up …Going to be moves coming. Said he expects tomorrow to be an interesting day for Orioles fans.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Dubroff thinks a starter and reliever. Elias doesn’t want rentals. May have to cave mentioned Lorezen. Talked about Carlson possibly. Talked about Ortiz coming up …Going to be moves coming. Said he expects tomorrow to be an interesting day for Orioles fans.

Makes me wonder if they are looking to DFA/move Mateo.  I think they should at this point.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

From this article..a note on Hader:

My one caveat on Hader: This is a guy who has averaged less than one inning per outing and has pitched just nine times all season on back-to-back days (although he has allowed no runs in those outings). Can he maintain his level throughout a deep postseason run?

I watch Hader close yesterday leading 5-2 in the 9th.. it wasn't pretty. Got the final out with the bases loaded. Pitches were erratic, walked a couple I believe...  

And I agree with you on Verlander.. .103 pitches yesterday to get through 5.1 innings... 

12 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The way Elias talked about Ortiz the other day as a "starting ML shortstop" really cemented for me that he's coming up soon. Assuming he's not traded of course. 

25 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

And I agree with you on Verlander.. .103 pitches yesterday to get through 5.1 innings... 

….against a pretty bad team. A playoff lineup would have probably thrown him down a flight of stairs by the third inning. 
Edited by ShoelesJoe