Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Ya'll can thank me, when the trade happens, and Kate Upton is in front of the National Aquarium raving about her love for Baltimore and all Old Bay products.

So now you're merely saying Baltimore is not glamourous enough for Verlander's bimbo wife.  Ok I'll agree with you there.  

Just now, Alasdaire said:

You're not sorry or else you wouldn't keep saying it over and over again to people who are clearly offended by it.

Nothing you said is a fact.

No, I'm not sorry for stating, yes, facts.

So, Baltimore doesn't have deep, deep social problems?  

Ya'll are delusional.  All the more important for you to understand the national reputation that Baltimore actually has.

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

So now you're merely saying Baltimore is not glamourous enough for Verlander's bimbo wife.  Ok I'll agree with you there.  

Yes, that's a lot of it.

I'm not sure it's fair to call her a bimbo.  She actually seems, in spite of her profession, to be decent.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Might there be some amenities in Los Angeles or New York that Baltimore doesn't have?  Can we even admit that?

Of course there are, but that doesn't make Baltimore a slum.  If you want to see a slum I'll take you down to those netherland areas of LA just beyond Compton that you can't wait to drive the hell out of.  Even with gentrification you have some of the toughest neighborhoods in LA not far from Dodger Stadium.  

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Ya'll are delusional.  All the more important for you to understand the national reputation that Baltimore actually has.

You're not stating facts. You're stating your opinion, which few people agree with and even fewer care about on a baseball message board.

2 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Come on dude, you're whacking the hive repeatedly and making several other posters uncomfortable, when all we really want to do is talk about the topic at hand.

Maybe stop making this about your need to win an argument and bringing up uncomfortable stuff over and over and over again, so that we can all relax and do what we came here to do?  We're a better community than that man, and you've been here long enough to know it.

I have tried to drop this conversation several different times.

I'm not going to be called a moron, or stupid, or as if I'm insane, for stating facts, even ones that people don't like.

Justin Verlander is not going to drop his no-trade clause to come to Baltimore and play for the Angeloses.  We can leave it at that.  I'm perfectly fine with that.

But when people address me, I will respond.

Just now, Pickles said:

I have tried to drop this conversation several different times.

I'm not going to be called a moron, or stupid, or as if I'm insane, for stating facts, even ones that people don't like.

Justin Verlander is not going to drop his no-trade clause to come to Baltimore and play for the Angeloses.  We can leave it at that.  I'm perfectly fine with that.

But when people address me, I will respond.

PLEASE STOP

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You’re “just stating facts?”

Here is a fact from me: Knock it off, keep this thread on topic about the trade deadline and deals, only as it pertains to the TEAM. 

You said your piece before. Now read the room of other posters.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

No, Baltimore is uniquely the kind of place Justin Verlander- and others- would not waive  their no-trade clause to come play in.

That's relevant when talking about Justin Verlander waiving his no-trade clause to come play in Baltimore.

Verlander could easily reach out to Native Orioles for insight. Not wanting to get into the livability content, but I am assuming players do not move back to the area after playing with another team. Does Chris Davis live nearby? What are Mancini’s thoughts…etc

50 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm sorry but that's just laughable.  

Most people don't want to live in communities that are famous for political corruption.

Yes, the people elected to govern the city (and the state for that matter) absolutely deeply affect your life.

Again, I'm very glad for you that you get to live in a place that is reserved for the 1%.  That's good for you.  You fail to understand that the other 99% probably have a different experience than you do.

We can leave it there.

Tell me you haven't lived around Baltimore without telling me you haven't lived around Baltimore.

Edited by Hallas

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Cohen has bought Trevor Gott by paying Flexen salary, and bought Luisangel Acuna by paying Scherzer salary.

Whether buying or selling, it seems clear he wants to leverage money to acquire talent.

It seems like that might make him a natural partner with a cash poor Club that has a lot of talent....

Forbes has Cohen's personal net worth at $17.5 billion.  5% return on that money (pretty conservative for a hedge fund manager) would be $875 million.  Put differently that's enough to cover the entire Mets payroll with $500 million plus left over before income from the team is factored in.  This is a universe John Angelos can't imagine and I agree that alone makes the Mets an interesting trade partner.  But even with an obvious disparity in resources, I wonder how cash poor the Orioles actually need to be considered.  IMO not enough to justify doing nothing without charity from Steve Cohen.