Scoreboard watching

Frobby

12 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Taylor Walls dinked one of those trademark Adam Frazier singles in front of old Toronto outfielders with two outs in the top of the 10th to break the tie.

Schneider leaned on Jordan Hicks for a 2nd inning, pushing him to a season high 11 Batters Faced.

Jays can clinch if Rangers beat Luis Castillo tonight.

If Seattle wins today, I think Blow Jays will be eliminated tomorrow. Though I would be okay if Houston did instead.

As the evening games begin, remember when Kim Ng's Marlins had too much pitching.

Now it is game 161, and middle reliever JT Chargois will be the opener as they go for a clinch with a win tonight.     Johnny Cueto pitched meaningful innings the other day.

Luzardo, Garrett and Edward Cabrera are up as September ends; Alcantra, Eury, Max Meyer and Trevor Rogers are down.

fWAR sees Tanner Scott a half win better than David Bednar for best reliever in the National League this year.

12 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Taylor Walls dinked one of those trademark Adam Frazier singles in front of old Toronto outfielders with two outs in the top of the 10th to break the tie.

Schneider leaned on Jordan Hicks for a 2nd inning, pushing him to a season high 11 Batters Faced.

Jays can clinch if Rangers beat Luis Castillo tonight.

If Seattle wins today, I think Blow Jays will be eliminated tomorrow. Though I would be okay if Houston did instead.

The Top 4 of tonight's Marlins lineup is a delightful:

Jorge Soler, Josh Bell, Jake Burger, Jazz Chisholm

I wonder if ever in baseball history the cleanup hitter has surpassed everyone above him in athleticism that much.

Luis Arraez is absent because he stumbled in the dark during Tanner Scott's lights show, which might rival arachnaphobia or suntan bed mishaps as a silly injury root cause.

Field of 12 is set, though AL West and a valuable bye is still up for grabs.

I notice Dusty bypassed Ryan Pressly to use Bryan Abreu closing out a 1-0 game on the road.     Abreu was a bit fresher today.

TOR-HOU both on 72 losses, so tiebreak could separate them for seedings if they end up level, and TEX stays ahead.

I don't know if NL seeds locked, but wonder if the Marlins could/would just forfeit even if the 5 vs. 6 seed depended on the outcome of the rest of that close 9th inning with the Mets.

With no reseeding, NL6 looking at MIL-LAD, and NL5 PHI-ATL.

14 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Correct. If we make the WS, only Atlanta would have home field. It also looks like it could be Tampa v Houston instead of Tampa v Toronto.

Rays are beat up, We've crushed Glasnow i'd pick them to face over HOU