Wednesday, August 2: Grayson Rodriguez & Orioles vs Yusei Kikuchi Blue Jays

SteveA

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

But if Fiju (and we'll see if that continues) has trouble getting outs when coming into games with runners on, then his value is a significant drawback in the playoffs.  We need a guy who can come in and put out fires.

And that’s going to be an issue.  Maybe Wells. Wouldn’t expect Hall to be good at that. Means?

I wish we had some old fashioned NY media guy ask Hyde in a presser why he sticks with a horrible bat and no glove Mateo.  No one calls anything out in Baltimore.  Its like they all work for Masn or something.  No one ask any real questions.

Just now, Gurgi said:

I wish we had some old fashioned NY media guy ask Hyde in a presser why he sticks with a horrible bat and no glove Mateo.  No one calls anything out in Baltimore.  Its like they all work for Masn or something.  No one ask any real questions.

You do know Hyde doesn't set his roster, right? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tbone83 said:

Already practicing my breathing exercises for the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings in October. Any of these middle relief guys can seemingly implode at any moment.

We did nothing to patch up our week spots, so I'm not very optimistic about our October. We just don't have enough bullpen reliability.  And besides that, we had better get Ortiz called up before August 31 if we want him to be eligible for the Playoff roster. And it might take him a while to get adjusted at the plate. I'm confident Westburg will take off soon. But Cowser, I'm not so sure. We just have to hope that Cedric is healthy enough to be part of the run.

I've said it before, and it feels to me like we're a season away and we don't know if we will be able to get back in this type of position next year, or whether Bautista's arm will fall off by then.

Feels like we wasted alot of time not improving our deficiencies in the last 6 months.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

He is on the team. Should he never play?