Dallas Keuchel - 1.13 ERA 32 IP at AAA - Interested?

OakOrioles

There will also be several veterans on minor league deals who trigger opt-out clauses and reenter the market. Dallas Keuchel, who’s pitched to a 1.13 ERA with a 61% ground-ball rate in 32 Triple-A innings for the Twins, just triggered such a clause in his deal yesterday. Minnesota has 48 hours from the time he exercised that provision to add him to the big league roster, and if not, he’s a free agent. Some other veterans will likely force teams into this same decision throughout the month.

Are you interested on a flyer? 61% GB rate now in AAA, prior Elias/Houston connection, post season experience, etc. 

Edited by OakOrioles

• OakOrioles changed the title to Dallas Keuchel - 1.13 ERA 32 IP at AAA - Interested?
11 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm willing to try anything in the current situation. We need to find some way to stabilize the bullpen and bridge the gap between the 5 inning to the 9th.

And to clarify, I trust Sig and Elias' models to determine if he's still got something to offer the team in a playoff race.

They've got to do something to compensate for the fact they failed to get a reliable middle reliever past the trade deadline.

46 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No. 

You guys are easily impressed by a crafty veteran pitcher getting outs in AAA. It’s like the old guy in a pickup basketball game who can score on guys 15 years younger than him simply because he’s been playing so long and understands the game better. 

Wait, I do that…I shouldn’t be impressed with myself?!?