Angelos wanted two year lease extension

Going Underground

1 minute ago, Orioles0615 said:

I am not sure what exactly they plan to build when there is an interchange that runs right through everything. 

Plenty of space if you bulldoze a few blocks of existing buildings! But he doesn't have a plan or care either. He just wants a bunch of free land and an extra 300m. JA will figure out the "details" later. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s a POS. 

This has zero to do with improving the stadium.

Well, yeah.  Nothing new there.  Not that any of us should stop pointing it out.  F him.

Fun part is, he's gonna lose.  Nobody cares about his money laundering scheme and MLB will force him out before they let him move.  Of course, he can still hurt the Orioles by continuing to be a cheap, spiteful prick.

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

Plenty of space if you bulldoze a few blocks of existing buildings! But he doesn't have a plan or care either. He just wants a bunch of free land and an extra 300m. JA will figure out the "details" later. 

Is that the area behind the light rail stop at Baltimore Highlands and maybe down to Hamburg St? I was looking at that today as we were railing in.  Definitely looks like an area where this kind of gentrification would displace a lot of people with limited means. If not that, there does seem to be lots of former warehouse or former factory space. The old concret ground floors and parking lots are visible on the waterfront side of the rail tracks. 

Just now, NashLumber said:

Is that the area behind the light rail stop at Baltimore Highlands and maybe down to Hamburg St? I was looking at that today as we were railing in.  Definitely looks like an area where this kind of gentrification would displace a lot of people with limited means. If not that, there does seem to be lots of former warehouse or former factory space. The old concret ground floors and parking lots are visible on the waterfront side of the rail tracks. 

If you start at the little park off the SW corner of the stadium and look south, there is about 4 square blocks of parking and other businesses/buildings on the other side of Russell Street.  MLK would be the northern border, Russell St East, Paca to the West, and West St would be southern border. He wants all of that. Which is preposterous. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And they won't be happy about it.

They shouldn’t be. This guy is a joke.  

But I don’t think the MLB will really be upset. Because they don’t want the Angelo’s family anyway. This will simply force their hand and they will gladly step in “because we had no choice.”

Edited by foxfield

14 minutes ago, foxfield said:

They shouldn’t be. This guy is a joke.  

But I don’t think the MLB will really be upset. Because they don’t want the Angelo’s family anyway. This will simply force their hand and they will gladly step in “because we had no choice.”

I think they are perfectly willing to let the status quo continue into the inheritance takes forces a change.

It's a bad look if they have to get involved. 

• Upvote 1

The relocation anxiety is unnecessary. Manfred has stated multiple times that the Orioles aren't going anywhere, and he has said it with no room for interpretation. What more do you need to know?

Baseball would rather expand than just reshuffle its deck, and even if relocation was in the cards, there are multiple other franchises they would rather see go.

• Upvote 2