I love Jacob Webb

brucewayne

It's been night and day since coming over. It's almost hard to believe they could have fixed something immediately, but who knows? Angels aren't exactly known for evaluating talent/getting the most out of their players.

I'm sure he'll struggle eventually, but so far there's nothing not to like. He could be a fixture for years to come, or he could revert back to Wild Thing.

1 hour ago, ChosenOne21 said:

It's been night and day since coming over. It's almost hard to believe they could have fixed something immediately, but who knows? Angels aren't exactly known for evaluating talent/getting the most out of their players.

I'm sure he'll struggle eventually, but so far there's nothing not to like. He could be a fixture for years to come, or he could revert back to Wild Thing.

Last night was a perfect example of why the Angels are an awful organization. It’s very believable.

I state this while being fully aware of how dreadful the O’s were ran for a long time. Thank goodness we don’t have to watch that ineptitude these days. The Angels can do almost nothing right. 

1 hour ago, banks703 said:

Last night was a perfect example of why the Angels are an awful organization. It’s very believable.

I state this while being fully aware of how dreadful the O’s were ran for a long time. Thank goodness we don’t have to watch that ineptitude these days. The Angels can do almost nothing right. 

It's really mind-boggling how they've done basically nothing despite having the best two players in baseball for like the past five years.

11 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

It's really mind-boggling how they've done basically nothing despite having the best two players in baseball for like the past five years.

The O’s are like the anti-Angels, anti-Dodgers, anti-Pads - they have budding superstars but right now essentially they are a collection of average+ players, literally everywhere. I’ve been writing on here all year that the O’s are obnoxiously consistent across all areas and phases of the game. Teams like the Pads, Angels, etc. have a major drop off from their top four or five players. The O’s are consistently consistent from top to bottom. Like Tampa, the O’s are showing that it’s possible to be a successful team without having to over-invest in expensive players. It’ll be interesting if they follow true to the Rays model and move guys when they are at peak value, before they need to extend or lose them. 

• Upvote 1

The Orioles have had so much success dumpster diving that I no longer get annoyed when they claim some unknown player.   They usually managed to get some value out of them.  Voth, Mateo are two off the top of my head that we maxed their value.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gurgi said:

The Orioles have had so much success dumpster diving that I no longer get annoyed when they claim some unknown player.   They usually managed to get some value out of them.  Voth, Mateo are two off the top of my head that we maxed their value.

Jorge Lopez.  Waiver Claim.  All Star.  Traded for Cano, Nunez, & Povich.  Crazy town.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Ranking our waiver claims is a cool exercise. Urias > Mateo > Lopez > O'Hearn > Cionel > Coulombe > Baker > Voth. Who am I missing?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Baseball is a team game you can't have two stud players and surround them with 24 mediocre players and expect win. Give me a deep team like the Orioles everyday over a top heavy team like the Angels or Yankees for that matter.

If MLB was more like the NBA then having Ohtani and Trout would make the Angels a strong playoff team. Trout's health has been in decline recent years and his career might end up resembling Ken Griffey Jr.'s where both players couldn't extend their peak seasons into their mid-30's.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Baseball is a team game you can't have two stud players and surround them with 24 mediocre players and expect win. Give me a deep team like the Orioles everyday over a top heavy team like the Angels or Yankees for that matter.

If MLB was more like the NBA then having Ohtani and Trout would make the Angels a strong playoff team. Trout's health has been in decline recent years and his career might end up resembling Ken Griffey Jr.'s where both players couldn't extend their peak seasons into their mid-30's.

Sadly you may be correct on Trout.  I would be surprised if he can stay healthy from here on out.