John Angelos continues to remind us how awful he is

Sports Guy

6 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Yes, but as many have discussed on the board the Angelos family will not be able to afford the estate taxes associated with the Orioles. High probability they will sell the team. 

If this is the case, then I’m sure John and the family will keep payroll around the same amount in order to pocket the profits till the sale of the team. Peter was diagnosed with dementia in 2017. A person can live with it for 8-10 years. If he stays alive for 10 years, the team won’t be sold till 2027. Gunnar, Adley, maybe Grayson probably won’t be on the team then. 

Damn shame…

The guy just doesn't get that he should not be out in front of the team.  Why he's trying to explain or legitimize an issue - the real issue of signing the likes of Adley, Gunnar, and potentially others 5 or 6 years down the road - NOW is utterly lost on him.  Is he trying to strong arm the State and the Stadium Authority as @TonySoprano surmises?  Of Course he is!  He's not getting the traction he desires from the State to get his end.  And leveraging the "Feel good story of the year, Baltimore Orioles?"  What a douchenozzle!  He's clueless.  If I didn't love baseball and the team so much, I'd say get the f outta here PLEASE!

As I've said over the many years of this hapless ownership group: if there is a pile of shit within a county-ass mile for them to step in they will!  They are utterly out of touch and, moreover, completely unaware of what being in touch is.  Totally lost and self-absorbed.  I wish a sinkhole would open up under the whole lot.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

One last remark/ question: is there any hint from this group that if MLB says no to a move, no to a transfer of ownership, no to anything they WANT that this group of ownership bozos wouldn't scorch Earth the town and the organization?  I think we know the answer and for that reason I've never trusted a word they've said about caring about us or the team.  They are out for themselves, regardless of cost to or interest of others.  Jackals.

The Angelosi, and JA in particular, continue to gain on the most hated person in Baltimore sports history, Bourbon Bob Irsay.  It's rounding the clubhouse turn and Bourbon Bob is still in front by 3/4 of a length, but JA is closing.

Edited by drjohnnyfever1

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

That's kinda the point here. Not retaining some of the players will make it almost impossible to get to the playoffs... never mind the "occasional WS". 

I'm enjoying the success of the team as much as anyone, but I'm under zero assumptions that this is any long term thing. 

My worry in that Elias does not stay.  As long as he stays with the scouts, develop staff and analytics he can identify  and develop the players to keep a playoff team for years to come.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

The Angelosi, and JA in particular, continue to gain on the most hated person in Baltimore sports history, Bourbon Bob Irsay.  It's rounding the clubhouse turn and Bourbon Bob is still in front by 3/4 of a length, but JA is closing.

Lol, but Bourbon Bob has Secretariat’s lead in the Belmont.   At least JA has stayed sober enough to hire a real front office that has built a decent team.  He hasn’t gone in the dugout to call any plays.  

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you suggesting Gunnar has legal problems?

That's what it sounds like you are saying.

Thinking that you can see ahead for 10 year with baseball players in very scary.   I remember two major O's players that had hip problems and could play the later years of their contract.  What percentage of 10 year contracts work out well?

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Thinking that you can see ahead for 10 year with baseball players in very scary.   I remember two major O's players that had hip problems and could play the later years of their contract.  What percentage of 10 year contracts work out well?

You are going to hurt your own hip pivoting like that.