John Angelos continues to remind us how awful he is

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

He was reported to have “advanced stage dementia” over a year ago so I don’t doubt this for a second. I’ve been surprised that he’s still alive for awhile now, but that’s what the world’s best healthcare gets you. 

Yea this is why I buy this possibility being true. He’s very old and has been sick for a while. No one talks about him or what’s going on with him. It’s a private matter and really not our business but as such a high profile person, you would figure something would come out.

Just makes me think something is being hidden.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Thanks for this.  I have been saying a lot of this for years based on what I know about trusts and what has happen to the Ilitch's ownership of the Tigers.  

Where did you get the intimated that there was any agreement between the O's and Angelos to sell at all? Even at Peter's dead?

The Big unknown for me is does Georgia want to continue to own the Orioles.

Nothing concrete on any agreement.  Largely speculation based on news around the family lawsuit.

1 hour ago, MDK02 said:

Is JA mad that the team is good? It sure seems like he’s pissed off. 

He certainly seems eager to thrust himself in front of cameras all of the sudden, as if if he’s trying to take credit. I’m sure he likes the ticket sale increase too. 

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea, from what I heard, it’s been 18 months or so that they have been doing this.

Again, this may be bs. I wouldn’t be surprised but that doesn’t mean it’s true.

And yea, I’m trying to think beyond the idea that maybe this is what he wants. I’m trying to think of, again if true, how this would financially benefit the family.

Why speculate about it?   We know nothing about how Peter’s estate is set up or whether he had strong feelings about being kept alive.   

• Upvote 1

I just hope when Camden Crossing is built that they don't get rid of this place. Australian rules football, Aussie beer and Texas BBQ  Nothing better in life.

Australian-Themed Brewery ‘M8 Beer’ To Open in September Near M&T Bank Stadium
https://www.southbmore.com/2023/08/21/australian-themed-brewery-m8-beer-to-open-in-september-near-mt-bank-stadium/

I can't comment of the feeding tube stuff but it seem unlikely to me.

My mother is 100.  She hasn't been mentally good enough to handle her finances for 5 year.  I have Power of Attorney.     Mom can't remember what she had for lunch ten minutes after she ate it.   But she knows  me and the rest of family.  She is in relatively good health besides her memory.  She could live for another 5 years easy.

So with that as a background and knowing nothing about Peter's health  but he could be in a similar situation that goes on for years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea this is why I buy this possibility being true. He’s very old and has been sick for a while. No one talks about him or what’s going on with him. It’s a private matter and really not our business but as such a high profile person, you would figure something would come out.

Just makes me think something is being hidden.

I always found it odd that with all these interviews, no one asks (on record) about PA’s health. Just a simple “how’s your dad doing?” From a humane perspective. Thought it wouldn’t shock me if JA tells reporters “no questions about my dad” prior to said interviews. 

Just now, milbest77 said:

I always found it odd that with all these interviews, no one asks (on record) about PA’s health. Just a simple “how’s your dad doing?” From a humane perspective. Thought it wouldn’t shock me if JA tells reporters “no questions about my dad” prior to said interviews. 

Yea, I agree.

I’m wondering if there is some kind of a gag order or something like that on the local media about it. It’s so hard to believe that NO ONE knows anything about what is going on with him.

Or maybe enough people have heard things but nothing concrete and they don’t want to speculate. 

Why the development near the stadiums?. Need to wait for Johnny to save the day.

Osborne loves the location across the street from M&T Bank Stadium, as well as the proximity to Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Osborne is thrilled by the 2023 Orioles success and its potential impact on business. He has also never lived in Baltimore when the Orioles had a playoff season, so he’s excited to experience that likely scenario.

M8 will be the fifth brewery in South Baltimore in the blocks surrounding M&T Bank Stadium where the neighborhoods of Stadium Area, Carroll-Camden Industrial Area, and Pigtown collide. Existing breweries Checkerspot, Wico Street Beer Co., Picket Brewing Company, and Suspended Brewing Company recently collaborated to create the South Baltimore Brewery District. Diamondback Brewing Company in Locust Point is also less than two miles away.

Osborne said he is excited to be in an area with so many breweries and called the industry “collaborative and helpful.” He noted that South Baltimore and Hampden are the two hotspots for breweries in Baltimore

As a Redskins/WFT/Commies fan, if you had told me three years ago that Dan Snyder would no longer be the owner of the franchise in August of 2023, I'd have laughed in your face.  I was fully prepared to have that doucheloaf owning my favorite football team for most of the rest of my life.  I figured I'd outlast him...he's older than me and looked liked 10 pounds of **** stuffed into a 5 pound bag.  I'm in pretty good shape.  But I figured he'd own the team for the next 25+ years, easy.  And if they somehow won a Super Bowl under his ownership, seeing him lift the Lombardi trophy would sully any of the good feelings I'd have.

I say that to say that there's no telling what could come down the pike at John Angelos to get him to want to sell.  I think JA is a jerk, but not on the same level of Dan Snyder...which proved to be Dan Snyder's undoing.  Still, we don't know what could happen in order to make him sell the team.  I'm preferring to remain optimistic that he won't have an iron grip on the franchise forever.

• Haha 1

Does anyone think there is possibly an end game for JA to want to get a new stadium built in some area outside of the city and have the same situation as Atlanta?

That seems far fetched to me but it’s something I have wondered since they keep mentioning Atlanta and what they did so much.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I can't comment of the feeding tube stuff but it seem unlikely to me.

My mother is 100.  She hasn't been mentally good enough to handle her finances for 5 year.  I have Power of Attorney.     Mom can't remember what she had for lunch ten minutes after she ate it.   But she knows  me and the rest of family.  She is in relatively good health besides her memory.  She could live for another 5 years easy.

So with that as a background and knowing nothing about Peter's health  but he could be in a similar situation that goes on for years.

Good luck. Mom will be 92 next month. Her mind is sharp and her body is going. Always tough on the family to deal with this. Some people run away from this.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Does anyone think there is possibly an end game for JA to want to get a new stadium built in some area outside of the city and have the same situation as Atlanta?

That seems far fetched to me but it’s something I have wondered since they keep mentioning Atlanta and what they did so much.

I think the people of Baltimore would riot and I don't think MLB would look too kindly on leaving Camden Yards.  It is still a crown jewel of ballparks and I don't know what good it would do for JA to build a new stadium outside the city.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have him just move the team to Nashville at that point.

• Upvote 1