Wednesday afternoon August 30: Orioles try to cap spectacular month with sweep of White Sox

SteveA

The Orioles lack of pitching depth caught up with them today. It hasn't happened often, and you hope that it's not going to become a routine occurrence. But it can't be denied that this is not a top-notch staff, far from it. Offense and defense, this team has plenty. Not pitching. This may be the "smoke and mirrors" that some talk about.

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Even though I said I'd be happy with 2 out of 3 this series, I'm going to be disappointed since we started the third game with a 4-0 lead.   

Normally, if you win 2 out of 3 every series, you will be more than fine. The trouble in this case is that your competition has been winning 4 out of 5.

11 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Normally, if you win 2 out of 3 every series, you will be more than fine. The trouble in this case is that your competition has been winning 4 out of 5.

Yeah but that’s unlikely to continue. We just need to keep doing our thing then lay it on them in a couple of weeks. Doesn’t make today any less disappointing though.