9/20/23: Mountcastle to the IL and McKenna has been called up

OsFanSinceThe80s

2 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

They should have made this move a week ago. Hyde was considering using Flaherty as a pinch-hitter the other night, so he could have used one more bench player.

I agree this has happened a few times now waiting to put a player on the IL. The Orioles have depth there's no reason to sit Mouncastle since 9/13 and wait until today to make this move.

3 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I agree with Roy. Personally, I'd rather see Wells than McKenna, but I'm not going to argue.

Tyler Wells has a 5.14 ERA and has walked 7 in 14 minor league innings.  He’s still not right.  I don’t think you want that version of Wells.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Tyler Wells has a 5.14 ERA and has walked 7 in 14 minor league innings.  He’s still not right.  I don’t think you want that version of Wells.

People here need to get over Wells for this season. It's not gonna happen.

The O's have enough arms and now have a five man rotation. They're in the middle of a 17 game stretch. Need a day off more than anything. That'll happen Monday.

Edited by dzorange

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Honestly, I don't watch MiL stats, so thanks for sharing. You're right, I don't think he's going to be able to help us any more this season. 

32 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Was hoping for a Lopez DFA, Irvin recall

Irvin can't come up until September 28th unless there is an injury to a pitcher since he was demoted on Sept 13th and has to stay in the minors for 15 days. It was one of the reasons I found it strange that he was demoted. 

Just now, bpilktree67 said:

Irvin still has 1 more day he has to stay down.  

Nope, he has to stay down for 15 days unless an injury to a pitcher occurs. From the MLB Glossary: "Upon being optioned to the Minor Leagues, a position player must remain there for a minimum of 10 days before he is eligible to be recalled to the Major League roster. For pitchers, the minimum is 15 days."

I suppose Lopez could step into an Ubaldo pothole though.

• Haha 1