Rays-Rangers ALWC series

Just Regular

I’d forgotten how bad Tampa has been on the playoffs the past 4 years, minus when they made the WS in the shortened 2020 season, until I saw the graphic on the screen during today’s broadcast.  They’ve only won one series other than 2020. Got swept last year and only one one game, losing 3 games to 1 in the 2021 ALDS. 

6 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Just bought my ticket for game 3 of the ALDS in Arlington (I live in Austin so it's an easy drive up).  If there is a game 4 I'll probably stay in town and catch that one too.

I’m in DFW so this is my ideal scenario too. But if Tampa wins, I’m flying there so I guess I’m covered either way. The Rangers winning keeps a few $$ in my bank account lol. 

32 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Love it. Much rather play the Rangers.

I believe most Os fans also wanted to play KC in 2014.

Id take Texas too but they have a dangerous lineup and the one thing I wouldn’t like against Texas is our pen vs their lineup in high leverage situations. I think that’s a battle we stand to lose.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• There’s something different about this callup. Him being beaned 4 times before this time, and all the other circumstances, could’ve lit a fire. Why can’t we have an Evan Carter 2023 type player?
    • That's what.....oh, never mind.   😄
    • It wasn't just a payroll cap, which looks like was pegged at $100 million, but there obviously was a prohibition on long term contracts.  The only guaranteed contract for 2025 is $1 million for Bautista.  Elias worked in some club options for 2025 but incurred no guaranteed payroll obligations for anyone save Bautista.  It seems clear to me that Angelos and Rubenstein froze that sizable financial variable in place while tying up the rest of the no doubt complicated terms for the sale. Does anyone really believe that Elias took a principled stand against multi-year contracts during the 2023-2024 offseason after a 101-win season?
    • We do have the benefit of almost a half-season of data at this point to give us a little insight. ARI is paying Montgomery $25M, and he’s been one of the 5-10 most damaging pitchers in baseball thus far. Got torn apart again tonight. That one’s looking pretty good for Elias so far.  Lorenzen has been better, at least by ERA. Everything else suggests that a collapse is coming any day now — but even a half-season of quality results would have been nice for the price. Give you the edge on this one at the moment.
    • Sure didn't bother him on that homer.   Frankly, with the O's up 8-1 when his hand got hit, I was surprised they didn't pull him immediately and get some ice on that hand.   But maybe Burnes had told Hyde he really didn't want to pitch to McCann.  😇
    • Gotta love small sample sizes.  Kerstad had a .507 OPS going into tonight's game, and now he's at .745. There's just no question that when he barrels a ball, it will travel a long way.  In fact, he really doesn't have to get all of it.  His balls carry in a way that you rarely see.   He reminds me of 2012-16 Chris Davis that way.   It's just a matter of whether he'll make consistent contact and get the ball in the air.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now