Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My question is, why tell Povich anything?  I could see maybe giving this courtesy to some long-time major league player, but why would a team share this information with a prospect, even a good prospect?   It seems to me it can only lead to bad things and has no upside.  So, that’s why I’m skeptical.   Plus, the Elias regime has been quite leak-proof to date, and that’s not the way a leak-proof organization operates.  Having said all that, I’m not sure why HuskerFan would come here and just make stuff up out of whole cloth, so there could be some “telephone tag” thing going on here where he’s hearing things third hand but the message has gotten garbled along the way.  

He would make it up to get us all running around chasing our tails. Your reasoning couldn’t be better otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

LOL.  The bolded is essentially calling him a liar and saying he's full of poop.  Not that I have any desire to get in the middle of you two going at it.

Now that he's clarified a bit, I actually think it is possible the O's brass told Povich the White Sox were trying to get him and they weren't going to give in to that.  So telling him, "You'll not going to be traded."  I don't believe that. Telling him, "There's this specific deal in which you're a target but we aren't going to do it."  Yeah, I can believe that.

You should really try reading the whole post.

I don’t doubt that HE was told that, I’m saying that was said to the camp and what he was told are 2 different things…it’s like a game of telephone.

2 hours ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I certainly see no harm in sharing some rumors. I agree with the skepticism expressed with regards to whether this information would ever get to Povich’s camp. But as far as the rumor itself, it’s interesting and more than we’ve heard in weeks on this subject, so as long as it’s kept in the proper context, what’s the harm?

I also really like that this latest update is far more specific and will be verifiable before long. Originally saying Povich wasn’t going to be dealt always seemed like a strong likelihood anyway. Now saying Povich will in fact be included in a deal with a top MLB team is much more specific. @HuskerFan do you have any known timeframe on this potential deal? Thanks. 

No, but everyone in his camp is ready for it to happen although plans for him to be in Baltimore in a few weeks hasn't changed.  From what I gathered, that's more of a "keep things as it currently is until something else is official".    

Just now, Sports Guy said:

No I’m not. I just don’t believe that’s exactly what they were told.  I believe that they told you that but I don’t believe that the team said those exact words.

It’s not worth arguing about.   We’ll see if anything transpires along the lines HuskerFan has reported is under discussion.  Hopefully he keeps us posted if he hears anything further.   

46 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm just catching up on this but we know how Elias and company share information outside of their inner circle. They don't. We've heard from players many times say they don't hear from the Orioles about promotions and so forth until they happen, so it's highly unlikely THEY told Povich anything.

Now, saying all that, Povich may have talked to someone in the organization, perhaps a coach, who told him the organization likes him very much and has plans for him. Perhaps, they even "leaked" that they feel he's untouchable. The Orioles could gain an advantage by the player telling others including his agent and that gets back to the White Sox who now know if they really want Povich, they'll have to come down on the rest of the package. 

I don't think Huskerfan is making up anything when it comes to his "info" on Povich, but there is a lot of gamesmanship that goes on in these situations. We also know that Elias and crew are not telling a player when he's going to be promoted or when he's going to be with the big league club since we have multiple accounts from players who have been promoted and they all said the same thing, they never knew anything until it happened.

Thanks Tony, but I cleared stuff up earlier today with where the information came from.  It did not come from Povich himself and I hope people read this and quite speculating it came from him.  

I'd go along with your gamesmanship thought process, it's my full understanding it was verified by the others.  Agent to Agent.  Agent to other Orgs.  Etc.  

In hindsight, I should've just kept my fingers off a keyboard.  It's created more harm than good.  That's my fault.  

Edited by HuskerFan
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The other team being the Giants?

Shall I say crab dipping teams only? Any team willing to add a MLB bat for a SP prospect like Bradish during that good trade!

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The other team being the Giants?

Edited by Since1984

11 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Hmmm. Possible foreshadowing that a Cease trade is near? 

Possible but I doubt it’s necessarily related. I think they’re gearing up with a few rebuild bandaid vets to cover innings.

I wonder if Cole Irvin would offer them any innings eating value during a rebuild as part of a trade. Obviously as a 3rd/4th piece only, but maybe enough to get them to come off of someone in the minors we’d prefer to hold onto.