Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

18 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

This Yankees Cease rumor feels like a PR piece to drive up the Orioles offer.  I think the WS are sitting on a decent offer from Elias but they are trying to squeeze him for more and the reality is he can't get anyone to make a better offer.

I think the Orioles match up better with a team like the Marlins for Luzardo, at this point I kind of hope the WS get left holding the bag and go into the season with Cease still on their roster. 

I hope the Sox get left holding the bag, too.  I suggested that earlier this offseason, was told that Cease was absolutely getting traded.

He probably does, but the possibility exists that the Sox are overvaluing him, being stupid and not accepting any of the offers that are being put on their desk.  They can go into the season with him, hope he's closer to his 2022 version than he is his 2023 version and try to get the deal they want at the deadline.  

I think that's why he hasn't been traded yet.  The offers are in and no one's budging.  Sox are demanding more, they're not getting it.  

25 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

This Yankees Cease rumor feels like a PR piece to drive up the Orioles offer.  I think the WS are sitting on a decent offer from Elias but they are trying to squeeze him for more and the reality is he can't get anyone to make a better offer.

I think the Orioles match up better with a team like the Marlins for Luzardo, at this point I kind of hope the WS get left holding the bag and go into the season with Cease still on their roster. 

Why would you not think the Yanks are heavily involved?  It makes perfect sense for them.

47 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Cornfields > shithole called baltimore.

Bye. Bye.  Thanks for participating.  Congratulations.  This is the first clear thought you’ve expressed.  Of course, you still haven’t put one completely clear sentence together yet.   We are still working on our own Enigma to decipher your posts.  Too late, I guess.

1 hour ago, HuskerFan said:

Cornfields > shithole called baltimore.

I didn’t like the cornfield remark made at you, but this isn’t helping either.   If you hear anything else about possible trades involving Povich, feel free to post it.  I, for one, would be interested in it.  But I’m not really interested in reading this kind of stuff.  

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

What is the obsession with Povich other than he is like the only pitching prospect. He has not picthed well since coming over in the trade 

Obsession is probably with Elias, Was able to take a waiver claim  in Jorge Lopez (all star at the the time ,but worth not a lot now) and turn into a 4 pitcher deal that was Headlined by Povich,also included Yenier Cano. They already won that trade. Second took Trey Mancini, Got Seth Johnson and Chase Mcdermot, coupled with Povich is picthing wise the top of farm. 3rd< the Dylan Bundy trade with LAA Net 4 pitch prospects headed by Kyle Bradish, Elias knows what hes doing

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, the Baltimore inferiority complex raises it's head the minute someone says something nasty about Baltimore.  

@HuskerFanif you want to get back on their good side and make amends, just say nice stuff about Old Bay seasoning, The Wire, Under Armour, Fells Point, Ray Lewis, Berger's Cookies, crabs and call someone "hon".  That's all there is to it.

When you're right you're right lol. 

But also - a bad poster is a bad poster. I almost hope Povich gets traded solely because of this guy. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why would you not think the Yanks are heavily involved?  It makes perfect sense for them.

Because 10 minutes ago they were rumored to be in on Snell / they just traded the farm for Soto and it benefits them for the WS to get more from us in a deal for Cease.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

When you're right you're right lol. 

But also - a bad poster is a bad poster. I almost hope Povich gets traded solely because of this guy. 

Would be funnier if he was banned and Povich won a Cy Young for the Orioles in 2026.

3 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Because 10 minutes ago they were rumored to be in on Snell / they just traded the farm for Soto and it benefits them for the WS to get more from us in a deal for Cease.

They probably are also in on Snell but Snell may want to be on the west coast. They may even add both.

And they still have a lot they can trade.

What’s our OF in 2025 if we have to trade Cowser and Kjerstad for Cease?  

EBJ, Beavers, Wagner/Horvath/Fabian/Hilliard

We don’t have some endless stockpile of starting level depth like people assume. We don’t participate in FA. Can’t just make a huge trade for Cease then cry when we don’t sign FA.