Happy Thanksgiving

Roll Tide

Happy Thanksgiving to All! Enjoy some time with your family and take some time to reflect on what you can be thankful for.

Orioles related:

1) We are competitive again

2) We have an agreement on a new lease

3) We have a strong farm and the chips to get the right players in trade

4)We have a strong front office team

5) Rumors of a sale are starting to surface

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all have a great day with family and friends! 

I'm thankful that you all continue to be a Hangouter and continue to support me and the site. 

Orioles-related:

I'm thankful to have a great system to cover and most importantly, a contending major league team that looks to be in the beginning of hopefully a long window of being one.

It does make the discussion more fun when the team is actually good.  I’ll say though that it’s been interesting watching Elias patiently rebuild the team.

Thanks Tony for all you do, and to Chuck and the mods as well.  And thanks to all the posters who contribute their opinions!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It does make the discussion more fun when the team is actually good.  I’ll say though that it’s been interesting watching Elias patiently rebuild the team.

Thanks Tony for all you do, and to Chuck and the mods as well.  And thanks to all the posters who contribute their opinions!

Thanks @Frobby!  Your kind words are much appreciated.

I've always felt thankful for the privilege of being a fan of the type of team the Orioles were continually from the mid-1960s to early-1980s. With that undying framework set, I have been able to accept every weak season since and savor the winning ones as a revival of early joys.

I'm spending Thanksgiving alone with my 95-year old father under hospice care in White Marsh. It's been a long 9th inning and he sure as heck is determined to win it in extras. It started in Seoul under Japanese colonial rule, crawled south after his cousins were eradicated by "friendly fire" U.S. bombing during the Korean War, and established home field advantage in 1955 in a Baltimore where immigrant physicians could find steady work and deepen their expertise  auditing seminars at Johns Hopkins.

One afternoon back in 2014 when he saw the Oriole pennants, caps, and t-shirts blossoming all around him in Timonium, he turned to me with a smile and said, "Just like the old days."

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 3