Poster Trade Ideas

Greg Pappas

Just now, RZNJ said:

I would try to argue your points but you didn't make any.

Not giving up 2 top 100 players plus more for Cease. The peripherals are good but beyond the one season his numbers are comparable to worse than Kremer. I don’t care about Ks or potential for a guy that’s been around 5 seasons. We aren’t signing him to an extension so it’s highly likely 80+ IMO that you look back later and regret it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not giving up 2 top 100 players plus more for Cease. The peripherals are good but beyond the one season his numbers are comparable to worse than Kremer. I don’t care about Ks or potential for a guy that’s been around 5 seasons. We aren’t signing him to an extension so it’s highly likely 80+ IMO that you look back later and regret it.

Fangraphs strongly disagrees that Cease and Kremer are comparable. 

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If you knock out April Kremer has been a mid 3 ERA pitcher over 2 full seasons. I could give a crap about fangraphs. Cease is only under control for 2 seasons. He’s had one stellar year and a 4+ ERA over the rest. If you like  him great ….I don’t 

Edited by Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

If you knock out April Kremer has been a mid 3 ERA pitcher over 2 full seasons. I could give a crap about fangraphs. Cease is only under control for 2 seasons. He’s had one stellar year and a 4+ ERA over the rest. If you like  him great ….I don’t 

Does this work both ways?  Take away Cease’s August and he has a 3.89 ERA.

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If the White Sox offered us Cease for Kremer even up, I’d need to think long and hard about it.  Cease is the better pitcher, but Kremer is pretty solid and 4 years is twice as good as two years.   

• Upvote 2

Kremer, Santander, Mayo for Logan Gilbert

It gives the M’s the DH/COF they’re looking for, a formidable back end starter to replace Gilbert, and a very good prospect that is close to being major league ready. The difference in Santander and Gilbert’s arbitration pay (using MLBTR estimates) is $7.8m…so its adding a little to the M’s payroll but they just cleared some space and it’s still good value for Santander.

It upgrades Kremers spot in the rotation for the O’s and frees up some money to throw at Jordan Montgomery in FA. Mayo doesn’t have a spot in Baltimore and he’s pretty much ready. He is a great candidate to cash in on his prospect value IMO. 

It’s possible something else may need to be added for the M’s to make the deal, but probably nothing anywhere near our top 10.

Rotation 

Montgomery, Gilbert, Bradish, Rodriguez, Means

Lineup looks something like

CF Mullins L

C Rutschman S

SS Henderson L

1B Mountcastle R

DH Kjerstad L

LF Hays R

RF Cowser L

3B Westburg R

2B Holliday L

I fully concede that none of that is happening, just having fun.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If the White Sox offered us Cease for Kremer even up, I’d need to think long and hard about it.  Cease is the better pitcher, but Kremer is pretty solid and 4 years is twice as good as two years.   

I would do Kremer for Cease (or Luzardo, or Framber) in a heartbeat. And I’m a Kremer fan and think he’s often underrated. 

But we should be looking for upside plays to increase chances of a World Series and Cease beats Kremer in that regard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

I would do Kremer for Cease (or Luzardo, or Framber) in a heartbeat. And I’m a Kremer fan and think he’s often underrated. 

But we should be looking for upside plays to increase chances of a World Series and Cease beats Kremer in that regard.

I’d probably do it too, but I’d rather give up position players or prospects.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think that’s a trade a team HAS TO make.   

10 minutes ago, oriole said:

Kremer, Santander, Mayo for Logan Gilbert

It gives the M’s the DH/COF they’re looking for, a formidable back end starter to replace Gilbert, and a very good prospect that is close to being major league ready. The difference in Santander and Gilbert’s arbitration pay (using MLBTR estimates) is $7.8m…so its adding a little to the M’s payroll but they just cleared some space and it’s still good value for Santander.

It upgrades Kremers spot in the rotation for the O’s and frees up some money to throw at Jordan Montgomery in FA. Mayo doesn’t have a spot in Baltimore and he’s pretty much ready. He is a great candidate to cash in on his prospect value IMO. 

It’s possible something else may need to be added for the M’s to make the deal, but probably nothing anywhere near our top 10.

Rotation 

Montgomery, Gilbert, Bradish, Rodriguez, Means

Lineup looks something like

CF Mullins L

C Rutschman S

SS Henderson L

1B Mountcastle R

DH Kjerstad L

LF Hays R

RF Cowser L

3B Westburg R

2B Holliday L

I fully concede that none of that is happening, just having fun.

Ha.  Throwing huge FA signings into your trade scenario?    

49 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm not even the biggest Cease supporter, but comparing Kremer to him is just...

giphy-downsized-large.gif