Orioles close to acquiring Corbin Burnes (Update: Acquired for Joey Ortiz and DL Hall)

ThisIsBirdland

Just now, dystopia said:

Wow, that’s it? Great trade. Just hope this isn’t like the deadline where we thought it was just Prieto for Flaherty and then it turned into a 3-1. 

We only get Burnes for 1 year. It’s not that great. But I wonder what the appetite is for an extension now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Wow, that’s it? Great trade. Just hope this isn’t like the deadline where we thought it was just Prieto for Flaherty and then it turned into a 3-1. 

Another post states there's additional compensation. So we shall wait and see.

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

We only get Burnes for 1 year. It’s not that great. But I wonder what the appetite is for an extension now. 

With new ownership there’s no guarantee of no extensions anymore. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Wow, that’s crazy. I didn’t see that before. The thing I hope they take from that, besides what you mentioned, is just to stop overrating college OFers, especially left handed ones. Whats odd is that they said the likes Povich a lot..which I guess tells you how much they liked Rhodes..for some reason.
    • David Hernandez’s dad would come after me because I said I thought his son was a future reliever and wouldn’t be a ML starter. He used to get into with me all the time when I would talk about that.
    • By the way, did anyone notice Povich was taken as an underslot 3rd round pick ($500k), a pick after Mason Miller ($599k) was drafted by the A's in the 2021 draft. Not to beat this dead horse, but the Orioles selected John Rhodes 21 picks before Miller and gave him overslot at $1,375,000. Sometimes you win some (Gunnar/Westburg) and sometimes you lose some in those 2nd-3rd rounds. And yes, this is where @DrungoHazewood or @Frobby tells us that most players are misses in these rounds which is 100% correct.  I'm just hoping seeing how some of these 3rd round pitchers have done well will help them select more in the higher rounds like they did in last draft. Also, I'm hoping with failures like Carter Young and Rhodes to a lesser extent, they realize guys that did not perform well in college the year before they get drafted may not have because they weren't that good. But that's a different subject than Povich so digress. I've moved Povich up to the top pitching prospect in the system but Luis DeLeon is right on his heels.  
    • She actually contacted me and told me someone else had been using her account. Generally, I feel like there's been a recent uptick in people getting personal with other posters and being unnecessarily snarky about others' opinions.   I'm glad you drew a line here.   He obviously watched Povich's games closely (according to his posts, he's not related but is kind of a Nebraska Cornhusker insider who follows their prospects very closely and has sources in the program).   Occasionally he'd post some useful details about why the box score didn't fully reflect Povich's outing.   But the "Billy Boxscore" stuff was irritating, and he should have stopped when you told him to.   Instead he just doubled down on being a jerk.   
    • I agree, way too much dirt thrown on the Hays grave lately.  Less (not zero, to be clear) exposure to lefties for Cowser would be a good thing, and Hays is more likely to provide the offsetting RH bat needed than McKenna is, with at least equal and probably better defense.  I know Kjerstad isn't getting many at bats, but McKenna needs to be the one to go in spite of that.
    • I'm assuming you're saying that you want the talking about the streak to end, not the streak itself. Your actual wording was ambiguous enough to be taken either way, hence my teasing. However, have it your way. Please add to whatever it is you're counting.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now