Kyle Bradish Has Sprained UCL, Will Start Season On IL (4/9 Update: Assigned rehab assignment w/Aberdeen)

DrinkinWithFermi

Almost couldn’t have been better.  Could not have hoped for a better first rehab outing.  Time to dream on what this rotation could look like with Bradish back.   (Crossing fingers.)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Do they do MRI's along the way during these rehabs to see if the ligament looks any different/better? Or do they just fire in the PRP and hope for the best?

The white papers on PRP said that they did follow-up imaging and in the cases where the players returned to play without surgical treatment, the follow-up MRI showed a repaired UCL, and in some cases the UCL actually grew back stronger/thicker.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hallas said:

The white papers on PRP said that they did follow-up imaging and in the cases where the players returned to play without surgical treatment, the follow-up MRI showed a repaired UCL, and in some cases the UCL actually grew back stronger/thicker.

I am totally talking out of my ass here, but could giving PRP injections as a prophylactic measure be a possible solution to all these UCL injuries? 

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I am totally talking out of my ass here, but could giving PRP injections as a prophylactic measure be a possible solution to all these UCL injuries? 

It crossed my mind but I'm not a doctor, and I wonder if maybe pitchers don't want to take the risk.

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Almost couldn’t have been better.  Could not have hoped for a better first rehab outing.  Time to dream on what this rotation could look like with Bradish back.   (Crossing fingers.)

Right, now lets hope his arm bounces back.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, dystopia said:

In the case of strains, partial tears. I doubt severe tears or complete tears it would help.

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

In the case of strains, partial tears. I doubt severe tears or complete tears it would help.

I know, I'm talking about as a prophylactic measure. As in, just give every pitcher a PRP injection in the hopes it lowers the risk of a UCL tear.