Trade with Phils for Kaleb Ort

Roll Tide

14 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Love when people get up in arms about moves like this when they are depth moves every single team makes all the time.

I know.  It’s so ridiculous.  And it ends up that 2-3 of these guys actually serve as decent role players every year.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Big Mac said:

Love when people get up in arms about moves like this when they are depth moves every single team makes all the time.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I know.  It’s so ridiculous.  And it ends up that 2-3 of these guys actually serve as decent role players every year.  

Who’s up in arms, exactly? All I’ve seen is people pointing out that his numbers in the majors haven’t been great, which isn’t a lie. SG has shown some good peripherals as to why Elias might have targeted him. 

Pretty sure that everyone understands this is someone they think they can fix. 

• Upvote 1

I like what we did with the Ort and Krook moves. Two optionable “vet” relievers with options and good stuff. Krook’s sinker is nasty, and he’s murder on lefties. He also has a funky delivery that’s good to give hitters a different look to throw off their timing when he’s up. Ort has a good fastball/slider combo with a developing cutter. I’d say these are incremental improvements in our minor league depth compared to what we had last year in Khreibel, Lakins, and Gilaspie. 

• Upvote 2

These are the kinda moves that good teams, specifically good developmental teams make…Identify guys with certain elite features, try to massage out those features to maximize value, and if it doesn’t work out, you lose a handful of cash. I see nothing to lose and something to gain. Am I missing something?  One of these guys could be the next Couloume/Cano, all for peanuts.

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/video/kaleb-ort-k-s-four

He was touching 98 here. There’s a couple articles out there comparing how he could be as successful with the cutter like how Phillips and Brasier have been. 

He started to throw the cutter a little bit last year for a few pitches and had success. Have to wonder of the Orioles see that as the way ahead for him. Worth a shot especially for cash considerations.

He's one of those conundrum pitchers where his results don't match his stuff and it's totally obvious why.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Who’s up in arms, exactly? All I’ve seen is people pointing out that his numbers in the majors haven’t been great, which isn’t a lie. SG has shown some good peripherals as to why Elias might have targeted him. 

Pretty sure that everyone understands this is someone they think they can fix. 

Not you, someone complained about another AAAA acquisition and hoped this wasn't a replacement for Bradish and Means.