Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

2 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I personally thought CF was always the second easiest position to transition to next to 1B. There are more balls hit directly at you the other two OF positions. I think the Orioles would know very fast whether he can judge a fly ball. Seems like an experiment worth trying especially since he’s only 20 years old.

Lol, yeah, that's exactly what I did from HS to college. I mean, I went from 2B to CF. I agree, they'd know right off if he could do it. At least, that he could track balls and then work on routes and getting jumps. 

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Wonder what “several weeks” means?

His throwing arm had inflammation, so my guess is they take it very slow. It's already been a couple weeks, but I'd guess at least another 3-4 and build up his arm strength. 

Two reactions:

June 25th is when it starts to look like Jackson Holliday's regular season at-bats will be 129 or less.

The DH Penalty is a real thing for batters but practice at the role may help minimize effects.    Could it be grooming for a later on role?

I guess "aw, shucks" this means Connor Norby has to play a bunch of 2B for "several weeks" in case one of the other 29 clubs would appreciate some data on his 2B playability.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Two reactions:

June 25th is when it starts to look like Jackson Holliday's regular season at-bats will be 129 or less.

The DH Penalty is a real thing for batters but practice at the role may help minimize effects.    Could it be grooming for a later on role?

I guess "aw, shucks" this means Connor Norby has to play a bunch of 2B for "several weeks" in case one of the other 29 clubs would appreciate some data on his 2B playability.

Or maybe the Orioles like what they see and decide to call up Norby to play 2B. 🙃

3 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

His throwing arm had inflammation, so my guess is they take it very slow. It's already been a couple weeks, but I'd guess at least another 3-4 and build up his arm strength. 

20 years old and has throwing inflammation in his elbow.  Not good. 

Not saying it cannot happen.....because it can....but it is an unusual injury for someone so young and who does not pitch or play catcher.  It sounds like he has 'tennis elbow'.

I played tennis from the time I was 5 all the way through college and it is a thing....hence the name.   I ended up with a torn ligament and a bone chip in my right elbow from it.   I was able to stave off surgery ONLY because I stopped playing tennis around age 30 and stopped throwing anything overhand.  Anything overhand...like throwing a baseball....and it starts to ache.   Even throwing a football at this point makes it hurt.   And this is 15 years later.  I can still lift weights and bowl, but only because those movements involve more of an overall arm movement and are underhand  rather than having to use your elbow for torque.

I have said it literally 20 times now, but if I am the Os, knowing that JH has this injury already?  I trade him for as much pitching as I can get as soon as he shows anything.

IMO he will never come close to living up to the hype.  I don't think he is athletic and an injury like this so young is a major red flag. 

8 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Not saying it cannot happen.....because it can....but it is an unusual injury for someone so young and who does not pitch or play catcher.  It sounds like he has 'tennis elbow'.

I played tennis from the time I was 5 all the way through college and it is a thing....hence the name.   I ended up with a torn ligament and a bone chip in my right elbow from it.   I was able to stave off surgery ONLY because I stopped playing tennis around age 30 and stopped throwing anything overhand.  Anything overhand...like throwing a baseball....and it starts to ache.   Even throwing a football at this point makes it hurt.   And this is 15 years later.  I can still lift weights and bowl, but only because those movements involve more of an overall arm movement and are underhand  rather than having to use your elbow for torque.

I have said it literally 20 times now, but if I am the Os, knowing that JH has this injury already?  I trade him for as much pitching as I can get as soon as he shows anything.

IMO he will never come close to living up to the hype.  I don't think he is athletic and an injury like this so young is a major red flag. 

How many times can you say the same thing over and over?

”I am an accomplished athlete. I have a great life. I have a keen eye as a talent evaluator. And I don’t like Jackson Holliday.”

We get it and we’ve heard it many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times already.

Ps - I would rather you bash post Holliday all day then that stuff you were posting yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bemorewins said:

”I am an accomplished athlete. I have a great life. I have a keen eye as a talent evaluator. And I don’t like Jackson Holliday.”

We get it and we’ve heard it many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times already.

Ps - I would rather you bash post Holliday all day then that stuff you were posting yesterday.

I want more of the stuff from yesterday.

I'm playing the long game.

18 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

It’s the most common injury for baseball players, man. Happens all the time.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Dictionary

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

determiner · pronoun

more than two but not many.

9 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I want more of the stuff from yesterday.

I'm playing the long game.

Pepperidge Farm remembers ……