4/2 Vs. Royals

Morgan423

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Boy is THIS an underwhelming effort tonight...just putrid...and its not an aberration...in virtually EVERY game this season we dont get untracked till late...not a good recipe for winning baseball...

With the exception of Mullins I'm not really concerned about the hitting.  It's cold and wet and early in the season.  And even Mullins I think will find his stroke again, though it may take awhile.  The pitching is more concerning until we add two or three more guys -- either back from the IL, in a trade or up from the minors.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

It will be the Achilles heel of this team and that’s frustrating. 

100% agree. Was actually shocked Elias didn’t add to the group. We’ll need some guys to have career years.

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Really really pathetic effort by the offense today. They just want to go home.

I’ve been in and out of the room so I haven’t seen the whole game. But I saw Adley smoke one right at 2B that they had to jump up and catch. I saw Gunnar just hit one on the screws right to the left fielder. Tony just hit one pretty good. 

Sometimes you just get beat. We’re not gonna score 7 or 8 runs every game. 

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Uh, let's see....Bob Lanier, Willis Reed...Nate Thurmond...all great players...and he faced them a lot...

I said "in his prime". Wilt did most of his damage from 1959 to 1966. Averaging PPG of 37.6, 38.4, 50.4, 44.8, 36.9, 34.7 and 33.5. RPG of 27.0, 27.2, 25.7, 24.3, 22.9 and 24.6.

Lanier wasn't in the league then. Willis Reed and Nate Thurmond never came close to those numbers.