Colton Cowser 2024

1 minute ago, Say O! said:

Thx for unpacking this detail. You are indeed correct, I am thinking reaction.

Thought so.  That’s how most baseball fans use the word “jump.”   But Statcast had other ideas.  

4 minutes ago, WI O’s Fan said:

Cowser’s stats since May 1st - are we worried?

129 at bats= 20% of season

.174/.270/.535

He is making Mullins look impactful.  

Considering Mullins OPS is 532 for the entire year and I believe Cowser’s D is just as good as Mullins, I’ll take Cowser all day long. Cowser hits the ball much harder then Mullins and has much more potential going forward IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EdwinRip said:

Considering Mullins OPS is 532 for the entire year and I believe Cowser’s D is just as good as Mullins, I’ll take Cowser all day long. Cowser hits the ball much harder then Mullins and has much more potential going forward IMO.

Cowser's D has amazed Baltimore fans

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think he's been unlucky this season.

Just glancing at his Statcast numbers and his actual stats they seem to line up pretty well.

Well, that's right.  He's finally on the good side of luck...at least no longer getting unlucky.

22 hours ago, wildcard said:

Next year If Cowser can be regular in center and Kjerstad replaces Santander in right that leaves Stower or Norby in left.    The O's will need a backup centerfield.   Maybe Daniel Johnson?  or Billy Cook?

I can’t see Norby and Stowers both making it through the off season without being traded.  We need bullpen help and those are solid prospects that teams would want in return.  Both major league ready and controlled for 6 years.  At some point you have to move these type players as there isn’t anywhere for them.  

35 minutes ago, WI O’s Fan said:

Cowser’s stats since May 1st - are we worried?

129 at bats= 20% of season

.174/.270/.535

He is making Mullins look impactful.  

They need to start platooning him more and playing Hays more. 

I have a feeling Cowser is going to be one of those infuriatingly streaky guys that we argue about for years on here. It's a shame he doesn't seem to be turning into a consistently great player. Maybe he figures it out eventually, I don't know. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

They need to start platooning him more and playing Hays more. 

I have a feeling Cowser is going to be one of those infuriatingly streaky guys that we argue about for years on here. It's a shame he doesn't seem to be turning into a consistently great player. Maybe he figures it out eventually, I don't know. 

They've got Adley and Gunnar I don't really think I should expect even more consistently great players.  Hopefully Jackson will be #3.