Brandon Hyde 2024

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Great interview tonight. He called out Cowser for throwing Kimbrels ball in the stands at the end of the game and said his players need to be more aware of the situation.

I thought that was weird.  Is it Cowsers job to know that he tied some number? And even if he did, is it common to save a ball because you moved into like 6th place or something? 

Just seemed to me like coming down on a rookie for no reason. 

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

I thought that was weird.  Is it Cowsers job to know that he tied some number? And even if he did, is it common to save a ball because you moved into like 6th place or something? 

Yeah that sounds rather crappy to me too.

To be fair to Cowser, he should be aware of the game situation…..not the career stats for Kimbrel.  That is someone in the dugouts job.  Also, I find it amusing that managers call young players out for things that they would never call out for veterans.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I think the whole team is probably aware, and if they weren't they are now.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think the whole team is probably aware, and if they weren't they are now.

Ok, I guess. I just don't really get it.  I mean if he at the all time record or something, sure. But because he moved into 4th or 5th place or whatever? Gonna throw one of your  young players under the bus like that for that? Not the approach ib would take for sure. 

• Upvote 2

I didn't watch the game but did Hyde really need to take Burnes out in the 6th inning?  I know he gave up the home run, but still, he was pitching well prior to that and the O's bullpen has felt unsteady lately.  Does a starter, even an ace, have to throw a no-hitter to be left in past the 6th inning?

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Ok, I guess. I just don't really get it.  I mean if he at the all time record or something, sure. But because he moved into 4th or 5th place or whatever? Gonna throw one of your  young players under the bus like that for that? Not the approach ib would take for sure. 

He said it tongue in cheek, but let's all get mad!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

I didn't watch the game but did Hyde really need to take Burnes out in the 6th inning?  I know he gave up the home run, but still, he was pitching well prior to that and the O's bullpen has felt unsteady lately.  Does a starter, even an ace, have to throw a no-hitter to be left in past the 6th inning?

Did Burnes really need to nibble around the zone and run his pitch count up?

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

He was at 98 pitches, he should have taken him out then.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Did Burnes really need to nibble around the zone and run his pitch count up?

Like I said I didn't watch the game, but for the moment I have more faith in a moderately struggling  Corbin Burnes with a 4 run lead close to 100 pitches than 3 and 1/3 innings of this bullpen on the road in KC.  I hope Irvin can give us at least 5 tomorrow.