I'll admit it. I'm a whiner and complainer about this team....but I need to say this..

9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Damn, these boys are entertaining. I watch every game, every night. I am so frustrated when they do almost nothing offensively until the last third of the game, and then they somehow find a way to throw a switch and make the game...theirs. I'm sure this pattern is not sustainable...the alchemy that turns coal into a diamond..and makes gold bricks out of fools gold.But in the last year and the start of this one, this team has to be one of the most beguiling teams in the game. EVERY player seems to be able to step up in any moment, and soon, when he gets his feet under him ,Jackson Holliday will too. It's just a matter of time. Like most , if not all of you, I've suffered  as a fan watching this team in rebuild, and almost dropped my MLBTV subscription because a few seasons ago they were unwatchable. But boy, this team is not only compelling, and heart stopping to watch...I literally cant wait for game time every day. Look, rooting for any sports team is like early romance. You are attracted by all the positives...but then, somehow, reality sets in and often the romance is filled with disappointment, and then disdain at being  "betrayed" by flaws and foible. I know I may sing a different tune and be filled with frustration and anger at a "underachieving " club eventually.

It will happen.

It's not me being fickle. It's me expecting perfection every night.Its unrealistic, I know. But for now, for this stretch...I have the budding romance and a love for these boys and their ability as any time since...well, since last year.

THESE BOYS ARE FUN TO WATCH.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Based on the game threads, if this team is like an early relationship I'm assuming you must've been tough on the girlfriends back in the day 😅

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Damn, these boys are entertaining. I watch every game, every night. I am so frustrated when they do almost nothing offensively until the last third of the game, and then they somehow find a way to throw a switch and make the game...theirs. I'm sure this pattern is not sustainable...the alchemy that turns coal into a diamond..and makes gold bricks out of fools gold.But in the last year and the start of this one, this team has to be one of the most beguiling teams in the game. EVERY player seems to be able to step up in any moment, and soon, when he gets his feet under him ,Jackson Holliday will too. It's just a matter of time. Like most , if not all of you, I've suffered  as a fan watching this team in rebuild, and almost dropped my MLBTV subscription because a few seasons ago they were unwatchable. But boy, this team is not only compelling, and heart stopping to watch...I literally cant wait for game time every day. Look, rooting for any sports team is like early romance. You are attracted by all the positives...but then, somehow, reality sets in and often the romance is filled with disappointment, and then disdain at being  "betrayed" by flaws and foible. I know I may sing a different tune and be filled with frustration and anger at a "underachieving " club eventually.

It will happen.

It's not me being fickle. It's me expecting perfection every night.Its unrealistic, I know. But for now, for this stretch...I have the budding romance and a love for these boys and their ability as any time since...well, since last year.

THESE BOYS ARE FUN TO WATCH.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

I commend you for wearing your heart on your sleeve as a fan. But yes you are all those things especially in the game threads...lol

I think one good sign about this team and this season, is how many games we have been able to win thus far, without necessarily playing well/getting down early.

So far we won 2 like that against the Royals and then the last 2 vs the Red Sox. Eventually our early game offense will get on track an Gunnar and Adley will heat up.

It also looks like we are better equipped not to wear our bullpen out like we did last year.

If we can replace Irvin with an effective starter in the next few weeks, I don't see any reason why we can't be the top team in the AL again when it's all said and done.

We were hitting the ball hard last night.  Even early.  Just took time for them to fall in.

Grayson did good for not having his A game too.  I'm confident he wouldn't have given up any runs in OPACY.  Those off the wall would be outs.  The pop-up in RF would have been seen...  

BoSox rotation and some RPs are under-the-radar good too.

12 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

We were hitting the ball hard last night.  Even early.  Just took time for them to fall in.

Grayson did good for not having his A game too.  I'm confident he wouldn't have given up any runs in OPACY.  Those off the wall would be outs.  The pop-up in RF would have been seen...  

BoSox rotation and some RPs are under-the-radar good too.

I'm not sure about that last sentence.  Their starters have no track record and look like they totally rely on sweepers and breaking stuff.   Once hitters start leaving that stuff alone, I think they will get hammered.  

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I'm not sure about that last sentence.  Their starters have no track record and look like they totally rely on sweepers and breaking stuff.   Once hitters start leaving that stuff alone, I think they will get hammered.  

It depends on if they can throw the breaking stuff for strikes. Haven't you heard? The FB is now thrown less than 50% of the time league-wide. 

Edited by Jim'sKid26

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

I commend you for wearing your heart on your sleeve as a fan. But yes you are all those things especially in the game threads...lol

I think one good sign about this team and this season, is how many games we have been able to win thus far, without necessarily playing well/getting down early.

So far we won 2 like that against the Royals and then the last 2 vs the Red Sox. Eventually our early game offense will get on track an Gunnar and Adley will heat up.

It also looks like we are better equipped not to wear our bullpen out like we did last year.

If we can replace Irvin with an effective starter in the next few weeks, I don't see any reason why we can't be the top team in the AL again when it's all said and done.

I'm hoping Means gets into good shape and pitches well. I have very little hope for Bradish this year.Hope I'm wrong

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm hoping Means gets into good shape and pitches well. I have very little hope for Bradish this year.Hope I'm wrong

I have no idea what either of their medicals look like. The good thing is that we have time. And if neither can make it back, it's not like we don't have an abundance of trade ammo.

29 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

It depends on if they can throw the breaking stuff for strikes. Haven't you heard? The FB is now thrown less than 50% of the time league-wide. 

Well...I think hitters are going to make adjustments to that.   Let me just say the last two Boston starters did not impress me much.  

I think my only real issue with this team so far this season is that it hasn’t scored much in early innings.  So far, they’re 25th in MLB in runs scored in innings 1-3, 8th in runs scored in innings 4-6, and 2nd in runs scored in innings 7-9.

I don’t think that’s really a meaningful trend, though.  Anything can happen in a 12-game sample.  Last year, with mostly the same players, the O’s were 4th in MLB in runs scored in innings 1-3.   (Yet I still remember Roy frequently complaining about how we never scored runs early in games.)

Bottom line, overall the O’s are 4th in runs scored per game and also 4th in fewest runs allowed per game.  That’s a formula for domination, no matter when the runs are scored.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

they all dumped me. Ill never dump this team.

That's passion, love it! The game seems to wear on you a lot and I don't envy that, but it'll make the parade that much sweeter when we get it.

I do think we need to name the left on base tracker column after you though. I don't know if there's ever been a runner left on base that you haven't convinced yourself would cost us the game 😀