Wednesday afternoon April 17: Orioles go for sweep of Twins

SteveA

Just now, Tony-OH said:

It was the right PH move to put Hays in, but good Lord man. 

It was, but really, I'd want anyone but Hays in right there.  Just someone that can give a good at bat and see some pitches.

Quite frankly, I'd have preferred to see O'Hearn against the lefty Okert if Hays, for some reason, is the only other option.  

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

5 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

It is by not recognizing that Suarez was the guy that was on a roll.  Hyde absolutely lost this game, no doubt. Hyde is not always with it every game especially this game.  

Actually, he didn't lose this game because it is tied.... j/s

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Why oh why would you pinch hit with Austin Hays right now and take O'Hearn out of the game.

This is just a wild, speculative guess that I'm pulling out of nowhere, but MAYBE it has to do with the fact that Ryan O'Hearn has a pathetic .541 career OPS vs lefty pitching, over 200 points lower than vs right.    And Minnesota brought in a lefty.   And now we have a superior defensive rightfielder the rest of the game too.

Just now, SteveA said:

This is just a wild, speculative guess that I'm pulling out of nowhere, but MAYBE it has to do with the fact that Ryan O'Hearn has a pathetic .541 career OPS vs lefty pitching, over 200 points lower than vs right.    And Minnesota brought in a lefty.   And now we have a superior defensive rightfielder the rest of the game too.

Austin Hays is in a terrible slump and coming off an illness. Hays is a defensive upgrade, but that's all.