Saturday, May 4 in Cincinnati: John Means returns to the mound

SteveA

Just now, Philip said:

Kimbrel threw 16 pitches last night. The guys who complained about the bullpen usage had a point. But why use Kimbrel a second night? 16 pitches isn’t nothing.

He did look fantastic Friday and he is (or was?) our closer. I didn't like Kimbrel there either but I am glad Hyde had him on a tight leash.

Impossible to get excited on any given play listening to Melanie. She does such an insanely bad job of leading the listeners into the action. I thought that last pop up was going to be a foul ball out of play they way she called it, then she just starts yelling that Cowser has caught it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Kimbrel threw 16 pitches last night. The guys who complained about the bullpen usage had a point. But why use Kimbrel a second night? 16 pitches isn’t nothing.

If he can only pitch 2/3 times a week, he is pretty much useless as a closer on a team like this.

I would rather pitch Webb, Cano, Coulombe, anybody over him. I hate to say this but Kimbrel can’t be trusted at this point. He’s not reliable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

I was going to make a joke about that tonight but refrained.  You're right though, it's only a matter of time.

Prop bets make it too easy.

Oh I'll take Gunnar to walk twice tonight and Elly to strike out twice.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Great job by Cano to rescue Kimbrel. But we gotta IL Kimbrel at this point. He is much more of a liability than an asset. You can’t keep asking the other 25 to carry deadweight.

If Kimbrel can pitch after a rest day and be effective you can keep him on the roster. But if he needs a week between appearances then yeah it's IL time. At the very least back to back's are out of the question.

Good news is this rotation could be dangerous. Which is something I never thought I would say about the Orioles. 

Man its nice watching Means pound the strike zone, and making opposing teams half innings 3 mins long for once.