Statcast unveils bat speed and other metrics

Frobby

Ben Clemens on Ketel Marte - I guess his success last series with Orioles LHP somewhat predictable.

Ketel Marte. Marte swings 6.3 mph faster when batting from the right side. He’s second only to Stanton in swing speed from that side of the plate – wow! His lefty swing speed, meanwhile, is below average. His average exit velocity dips from 90.8 mph to 88 mph when he crosses the plate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Gunnar is highest ranked Os player at 16th overall.  Mountcastle is 20th and Cowser is 39th.

Adley is down to 180.

Helps explain how hard these guys are hitting the ball. Adley is hitting it harder this year than before but he’s still down the chart.

I’m guessing we will see that correlation between bat speed and higher exit velos. (Hence Stanton being #1)

Gunnar's avg exit velos are down a bit from last month. He was at 96.4 for most of April.

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Gunnar is highest ranked Os player at 16th overall.  Mountcastle is 20th and Cowser is 39th.

Adley is down to 180.

Helps explain how hard these guys are hitting the ball. Adley is hitting it harder this year than before but he’s still down the chart.

I’m guessing we will see that correlation between bat speed and higher exit velos. (Hence Stanton being #1)

Debunking Bat Speed Myths - Driveline Baseball