Monday afternoon May 27, 2024 - Os vs RedSox

justD

I was watching Ronald Guzman, who is trying to convert himself into a pitcher after being a major league first baseman, pitch like this yesterday. Guzman throws 96-97 from the left side, but like Vieira, has no idea where anything is going. 

I understand the Orioles trying guys with good arms, but at least Guzman is trying in A-ball. Can't have guys like Vieira pitching in the major leagues. I mean, if you want an inning eater, get a guy with less stuff but who can throw strikes.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is an embarrassment. Clearly not a major league pitcher.

When is Elias going to start to get criticized for how he handles a major league roster? He's mishandled most of his own prospects, and he has crazy obsessions with awful relievers and terrible waiver wire hitters (McKenna, Phillips, Kemp). 

Terrible outing for the new guy. Thankful for the 11-0 lead so we could give him a look, but I don't know if I could stomach watching him in a closer game anytime soon. I wonder if they try to sneak him through waivers after this one

Just now, dystopia said:

Yeah I’ve also seen enough of these reclamation projects. Get a damn major leaguer for crying out loud. 

This is what drives me nuts. We have a treasure chest of minors leaguers to deal for a decent reliever or two. Do something Elias!