The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

It’s interesting to see how many of our fans are laughing at the “unrealistic expectations” of other fanbases. But then go on to pose similar trades where we get back top notch pitchers and don’t have to surrender comparable talent.

I guess there are some similarities/commonalities amongst all fanbases?

“Possibly best farm system in baseball even without our top 3 prospects”

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I swear if the Yankees get Vlad Jr for a couple scrub prospects while every otehr team tries to demand Holliday or Basallo for any pitcher slightly better than mediocre level.

I think it would be hilarious if he goes there after saying "I'll never play for the Yankees".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Say the Orioles do want Crochet, and plan to move him to the pen until the playoffs or do short starts for load management, so they want Fedde too. And toss in Kopech too for good measure.

Crochet, Fedde, Kopech for Kjerstad, Norby + who?

I have a feeling the Orioles won’t ever be able to get the White Sox demanding one of Holliday, Mayo or Basallo for that, but I think the Orioles can put together a package without them that still makes sense. But I think it is going to take some additional good prospects on top of Kjerstad and Norby, from the Povich/McDermott/DeLeon/Beavers/Bradfield etc. grouping. 

Looks like the Padres and Dodgers would be the favorites to deal with the CWS. They are reported to be focusing on their farm systems as primary suitors.

*Upon further research: Didn't know he was on the IL with a forearm strain. Probably not a target then.

What about Lucas Erceg from the A's? He's not Mason Miller level good, but has a good arm and won't be as expensive as Mason Miller either.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/lucas-erceg-668674

image.thumb.png.fa930ec1c2b69118c33018f35a6d0cd6.png

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I swear if the Yankees get Vlad Jr for a couple scrub prospects while every otehr team tries to demand Holliday or Basallo for any pitcher slightly better than mediocre level.

Remember when @Chicago White Sox wanted no part of Joey Ortiz but was drooling over his own hypothetical ask of a deal headlined by Spencer Jones?   

Jones has 6 homers, a .702 OPS and 90 K’s in 264 PA.  In AA.

Edited by RZNJ

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he said he'd never sign with the Yankees.

"Over the offseason, Guerrero first said he would never play for the Yankees in an interview with Dotol Nastra"

"When asked if he'd ever play for the Yankees at the time, Guerrero replied, "No, not even dead."