So, who WOULD you trade?

Roy Firestone

I know none of us has any say in the matter, but for the conversation, who would you be okay moving for SP pitching and bullpen arms.

I'll list these selections as "obvious" "tough deciosn" or "daring"

1. OBVIOUS: See if you can get any value in a trade for Urias, and maybe Hays..(depends on the yield)

2. TOUGH DECISION : I'd be willing to move one or two of...Mateo, Stowers, Norby, Mullins, and maybe another low level prospect for a solid #3 starter or two good pen arms (assuming they have some contract control

3. DARING: Might consider moving Mountcastle or OHearn, even fan favorite Cowser.No way do I move or even consider moving Mayo, Holliday, Basallo, or of course Kjerstad

Your move.

Edited by Roy Firestone
  • Upvote 2

Among the prospects who aren't already [semi] regulars, anyone not named Mayo, Basallo, Kjerstad or Holliday.  Even Kjerstad could go in the right deal for a starter but I probably wouldn't like it.  Among the position players 27 and over, any of them in the right deal but not more than two.

6 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Among the prospects who aren't already [semi] regulars, anyone not named Mayo, Basallo, Kjerstad or Holliday.  Even Kjerstad could go in the right deal for a starter but I probably wouldn't like it.  Among the position players 27 and over, any of them in the right deal but not more than two.

I really wouldn't like to trade Kjerstad, honestly. Strikes me as a special bat, just below the level of Mayo. 

Mateo, Urias, Hays, Mountcastle, O'Hearn, Santander, Stowers, Norby, Bradfield Jr., De Leon, etc. are all people I'd trade before him. 

37 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know none of us has any say in the matter, but for the conversation, who would you be okay moving for SP pitching and bullpen arms.

I'll list these selections as "obvious" "tough deciosn" or "daring"

1. OBVIOUS: See if you can get any value in a trade for Urias, and maybe Hays..(depends on the yield)

2. TOUGH DECISION : I'd be willing to move one or two of...Mateo, Stowers, Norby, Mullins, and maybe another low level prospect for a solid #3 starter or two good pen arms (assuming they have some contract control

3. DARING: Might consider moving Mountcastle or OHearn, even fan favorite Cowser.No way do I move or even consider moving Mayo, Holliday, Basallo, or of course Kjerstad

Your move.

I’d move a guy you consider untouchable for a controllable ace.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Holliday, Mayo, Basallo. 

Would have to be blown away for Kjerstad and Cowser. 

Shopping Stowers and Norby. 

Driving Hays to the airport. Urias, too. 

Anyone that’s not Gunnar and Adley can be had. 

Yup.   I would agree with the 5 you pointed out as "not tradable".   I wouldn't have to be "blown away" for Kjerstad or Cowser, though.   I would like to keep one of them.  

I just saw this - it’s from a couple weeks ago.  Trade talk boils down to Keith Law would trade Basallo for an ace like Crochet.   I think I would too if I couldn’t get someone like Scherzer (for a lot less).  KL’s not worried about the innings issue, as long as the medicals look ok. FWIW

Jackson Holliday gets us the most back in a trade, while the performance of Westburg and Henderson in Baltimore, and Mayo in Norfolk, means trading him away probably wouldn't leave a big hole in our future. Would JH get us Skubal from the Tigers? If so you'd have to seriously consider it. 

I’d certainly trade Holiday for, say, Skenes and Bednar, but it’s tough to find a match with the big three that works for both sides.  Like I’d probably do Basallo for Skubal, but I’d doubt that would be enough for Detroit and I wouldn’t want to add in another top 100 type of guy.

In my mind, Urias, Stowers and Norby are the spare parts where we need to find a way to get value for them this July.

• Haha 1