Dean Kremer starts tonight for the first time since May...what are you expecting, what will you be satisfied with?

Roy Firestone

He had bicep soreness, and he was out for much longer than expected. Then he pitched poorly in rehab games. I hope he can go 5 innings, but I'm not sure he's ready to pitch. This is going to be a test. Seattle isn't a good hitting team, but if Kremer cant command his pitches it could be a long night for the Orioles and an early exit for Kremer. What say you?

31 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

He had bicep soreness, and he was out for much longer than expected. Then he pitched poorly in rehab games. I hope he can go 5 innings, but I'm not sure he's ready to pitch. This is going to be a test. Seattle isn't a good hitting team, but if Kremer cant command his pitches it could be a long night for the Orioles and an early exit for Kremer. What say you?

Roy , I hope Kremer has no set backs tonight .  Then the staff can evaluate him closely 

• Upvote 1

I don't really care too much about tonight. Obviously, I want to win the game, but I want him to throw a decent number of pitches, around 80 or so ideally, and get a clean bill of health tonight and tomorrow. 

Kremer is one of the best back of the rotation starters around in my book, and we'll need him to be a big upgrade over Irvin for the 2nd half. Whether it's tonight or 1 or 2 starts from now, we just need him to hit his stride and pitch well enough to get 16+ outs each start.

53 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm worried that your minor trepidation won't be sufficient to activate the Roy Firestone reverse jinx.  Now I know he's gonna get lit up. 😁  

Edited by BRobinsonfan

Like I’ve said in other threads you’ve started like this, I don’t really have expectations when a pitcher debuts or comes off the IL.  I just have hopes.   Nothing in Kramer’s rehab was all that encouraging, but I’d still hope he goes 5 innings and allows 3 runs or less against a weak hitting Seattle team.

As an aside, what the heck’s up with Julio Rodriguez?  .244/.294/.324 — really?  Seattle looks awfully feeble when he’s not hitting well.   

1 minute ago, Gunnar said:

Seattle is a fortunate draw for Kremer's comeback, they can't score runs. If he can just throw strikes he'll be fine.

Was about to say the same thing.  They can obviously still hurt you if you don’t execute but it’s definitely a soft landing spot for him.

Bad lineup, big park. 

5-6 IP and 3 or less runs would be nice.