7/5 Orioles begin their last series ever in Oakland

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The offense has been very good overall but inconsistent game to game and not very good with RISP. Seems like there’s been way too many games where they do nothing and then they’ll just go off and score 8 runs or something a night or two later. But that’ll even out. They are really feeling the effects of the fringe pitching guys struggling though.  Tate, Irvin, Baker, and Povich have combined to throw 28% of the team’s innings since June 1st. They have a combined ERA over 6 and have been worth -0.4 WAR in that time frame. Everyone else besides Bradish (3 starts) and Kremer (2 starts) has an ERA under 3.51. Kremer’s performance aside tonight, none of those guys are their core guys or likely to be on their playoff roster. 
    • Mountcastle hasn’t been great for 2 months. Urias had 4 pitches in the middle of the plate that AB and did nothing. One of the pitches was a 2-0 fastball he completely missed.
    • I usually stay out of game threads where emotions run high, but if you have questions on any Cub players you can @ me.
    • 8 straight birds going down in a row.
    • Do we really have that much capital to trade for three solid arms?  Even if we don't give away Jackson Holliday is it going to be worth it if we trade Mayo and Basallo level guys? I would rather rush some kid in AAA or AA just to see if we can catch lightening in a bottle.    Imagine the Orioles trade three of our top five propects for help down the stretch and the Orioles just go ahead and get knocked out early?  Then we would be without the prospects and have won nothing.   Maybe just trading low grade prospects for a minor boost in pitching is the way to go?  
    • Still getting this!!  Cleaned cache!
    • I can't think of anything I care about less than the rule changes for the Home Run Derby.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now