Would you do this deal?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Proposal Menrioned in opening post

• Yes
    • No
    • If they’d swop Brebbia for Kopech
    • Add Brebbia for a couple young DSL guys with upside

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d probably want to isolate Fedde in a trade and make it less complicated. Norby and McDermott seems fair for him. 

I believe Fedde has 2.5 season left. So that’s 3 playoffs. Similar to what Bud Norris had when we traded for him. 

Fedde has 1.5 seasons left.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rustbelt said:

Fedde versus Suarez

Fedde versus Kremer?

Who would you pick for the #3 starter?  

What is a 1/2 of season of success really worth?  

Fedde has been more consistent than either and goes deeper.  You go with the hot hand in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Hard pass for me!

The pitchers mentioned are not difference makers. IMO this would be a hedging move very similar to last season. The problem with that approach IMO is that we most likely will never have a Corbin Burnes on the roster along with Adley and Gunnar. 

IMO the more time/seasons pass by and we don’t get Adley and Gunnar locked up, the less likely it is that they will stay long term. I don’t think there is any realistic scenario that we are better without them/when they are gone. 

At some point you have to start shooting for the bullseye (championship). This trade IMO does very little to meaningfully improve us enough to increase the likelihood that we get there.

2.5 FWAR  Corbin Burnes

2.4 FWAR   Eric Fedde

1.6 FWAR.  Grayson Rodriguez 

There are a lot of doubters on Fedde.  Understood.   Don’t underestimate how good he’s been so far this year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Hard pass for me!

The pitchers mentioned are not difference makers. IMO this would be a hedging move very similar to last season. The problem with that approach IMO is that we most likely will never have a Corbin Burnes on the roster along with Adley and Gunnar. 

IMO the more time/seasons pass by and we don’t get Adley and Gunnar locked up, the less likely it is that they will stay long term. I don’t think there is any realistic scenario that we are better without them/when they are gone. 

At some point you have to start shooting for the bullseye (championship). This trade IMO does very little to meaningfully improve us enough to increase the likelihood that we get there.

Got a better idea?

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Got a better idea?

Who’s to say what is “better” or “worse”? Only time can prove that out to be true.

But I do have different ideas that I believe could be more impactful for the O’s.

I very much do not want them to repeat last season when we didn’t do enough to make sure that our pitching holds up in October. We already have the most important piece (in Burnes). But due to the other injuries (especially Bradish) we are missing that other big/important piece IMO.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Got a better idea?

If the goal is to win the WS, and it is.   I would go with Scherzer and Robertson.   And I don't think Elias has to give up any of the O's top 4 prospects to make that trade.

33 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Fedde has been more consistent than either and goes deeper.  You go with the hot hand in the playoffs.

Suarez has been pretty consistent too. 5 IP is pretty much a playoff start. 

I like Fedde though. Thanks for pointing out he’s got 1.5 seasons. 

I’d do McDermott for Fedde straight up or Norby for Fedde straight up. 

IMG_5667.jpeg

Just now, wildcard said:

If the goal is to win the WS, and it is.   I would go with Scherzer and Robertson.   And I don't think Elias has to give up any of the O's top 4 prospects to make that trade.

Or Scherzer and LeClerc. Leclerc was a big reason he won the WS last year. He pitched in 13 postseason games. Pretty much every game for them I think. 

12 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Who’s to say what is “better” or “worse”? Only time can prove that out to be true.

But I do have different ideas that I believe could be more impactful for the O’s.

I very much do not want them to repeat last season when we didn’t do enough to make sure that our pitching holds up in October. We already have the most important piece (in Burnes). But due to the other injuries (especially Bradish) we are missing that other big/important piece IMO.

I’m all ears.  What are your ideas?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Even if you believe in FIP, it’s still over 3 every year. He’s worse than what we already have. 

A 3+ FIP isn’t bad, Fedde’s Whip is arguably a more important stat, and 1.1 WHIP is better than league average. His .269 BABIP is worse than league average, so the defense has hurt him a little.He’s had 18 starts for 106 innings or a hair under 6 innings per start, so he won’t wear out the pen. I think he’s a splendid pickup, but would cost more than a prospect in the teens, even with our deep farm.

Edited by HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

Meanwhile, it seems that the reputation of @Sports Guy precedes him, hahaha…

IMG_1747.jpeg

They hated that I went on there, was right about everything I said and then threw it in their faces when they were dbags to me. They can dish it but can’t take it.

They all look bad because of the Ortiz stuff, how they just knew Cease was getting top 20 prospects (and now they are like, well maybe he really is just a 2/3 guy and 2022 was an aberration), etc…they said I was wrong for saying Elias wouldn’t trade Basallo or Mayo for Cease.  Hell, I even got push back when I said Kopech should be a reliever and they said no, they are starting him.

Oh well 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’m all ears.  What are your ideas?

Ok. Let me just make sure that I’m understanding you correctly. 

Are you asking me if I have ideas of better pitchers that we can acquire than Fedde and Kopech?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They hated that I went on there, was right about everything I said and then threw it in their faces when they were dbags to me. They can dish it but can’t take it.

They all look bad because of the Ortiz stuff, how they just knew Cease was getting top 20 prospects (and now they are like, well maybe he really is just a 2/3 guy and 2022 was an aberration), etc…they said I was wrong for saying Elias wouldn’t trade Basallo or Mayo for Cease.  Hell, I even got push back when I said Kopech should be a reliever and they said no, they are starting him.

Oh well 🤷‍♂️

I was joking, you know…. No reason to get uppity about people who are argumentative.

I remember visiting pinstripe alley and making an innocent comment about Steve Pearce, and was immediately blocked. Talk about folks who can’t take it.

Edit: I’m not sure why that was confusing. I was sympathizing with you regarding your treatment at the hands of the white Sox folks. 

Edited by HowAboutThat
  • Confused 1