Ugh...weather tonight

Current forecast is heavy thunderstorms rolling in to the Baltimore area at 8 PM and lasting several hours.  They won't get a full game in before the rains come.  Hopefully the O's take an early lead and make it through the top of the 5th before the storm hits.  Otherwise we could wind up wasting Burnes' start.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I think in that situation they may finish the suspended game tomorrow. A 1.5 game doubleheader, similar to what happened in STL earlier this year. 

So we can get swept in the same manner by a NL Central team? Awesome!

• Haha 1

Depending on the exact expected timing, the O’s might be smart to use an opener tonight and then bring Burnes in after the inevitable rain delay.  I’d hate to see him pitch 2-3 innings and then not be able to continue due to the delay.  

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Depending on the exact expected timing, the O’s might be smart to use an opener tonight and then bring Burnes in after the inevitable rain delay.  I’d hate to see him pitch 2-3 innings and then not be able to continue due to the delay.  

Wise beyond your years. 

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The line looks like it won’t hit til around 8 that is probably 5th or 6th inning.  I think you just roll the dice and hope he gets 6 innings in.  

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There have been a few times this season I suggested this and everyone said it was a dumb idea because the weather is too unpredictable. I think it's a great idea but the rain may be coming too late. We don't want to be stuck with Irvin for 3 innings and then end up wasting Burnes in a game that's already out of reach. Will need to study the radar and make a game time decision but I would bet Burnes starts.

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You could roll the dice tonight with the thought that if he ends up with a very low pitch count then pitch him on short rest on Sunday vs the Yankees. 

6 minutes ago, oriole said:

You could roll the dice tonight with the thought that if he ends up with a very low pitch count then pitch him on short rest on Sunday vs the Yankees. 

He's not pitching on Sunday then again in the All-Star game.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

He's not pitching on Sunday then again in the All-Star game.

Obviously he wouldn’t pitch the All Star game in that situation and that shouldn’t factor into the Orioles plans whatsoever anyways.