8/13 - Nationals vs Orioles

86this

7 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

This guy isn’t even a #7. It’s bad. Povich and Irvin are better than this.

I’m not sure that’s true, but why would this team want to deliberately get a guy? Who’s no better than number five, and who has had decreased velocity for the last three years? It doesn’t make sense if this is really who they wanted, then it is valid to ask why the hell they wanted him?

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

They just lost a game 2-1 because the offense was terrible and have now scored 2 runs in 5 innings at home against the 3rd worst team in the NL. They aren’t going to overcome crappy pitching every game but they also have a habit of no showing multiple games per week which doesn’t help. 

Unfortunately….we are both correct.  

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

We're going to need at least one of Mountcastle, O'Hearn,  or Rutschmann to go on a power hitting heater in the last month and into the playoffs.   We can't put the run production all on Santander and a couple of rookies.

At this point I am just hoping we get Danny C, Grayson and Westy back with a couple of weeks to go and we get hot going into playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Everytime I want to blow a gasket over this team losing to the Nats I think about NYY losing by double digits to CWS. Orioles should be better than this however. 

They haven’t won 3 games in a row uninterrupted since June 29th. They did if you include the ASB, but it’s pretty much been 2 steps forward 2 steps back since then. Two great wins in CLE, then look awful in TOR, look good the first 2 games in TB, then lose a winnable game 3 while scoring 1 run and are down to a terrible team at home in the 6th. They just can’t get out of their own way. 

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

I’m not sure that’s true, but why would this team want to deliberately get a guy? Who’s no better than number five, and who has had decreased velocity for the last three years? It doesn’t make sense if this is really who they wanted, then it is valid to ask why the hell they wanted him?

Nobody is asking the hard questions to Elias. I don’t expect him to just say, “We were desperate”. If that was the case, just stick with Suarez. At the time, Grayson wasn’t hurt.

2 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They just lost a game 2-1 because the offense was terrible and have now scored 2 runs in 5 innings at home against the 3rd worst team in the NL. They aren’t going to overcome crappy pitching every game but they also have a habit of no showing multiple games per week which doesn’t help. 

We frequently play poorly against bad teams...people think its me being negative in my comments...but its chronic..