8/14 -- Nationals vs Orioles

SteveA

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Good? 

Sure.

Best in the league in a given year?

I can't speak with certainty but I have my doubts he ever was.

Sure. Either way he did get better. 

Anyway I like others think Westy stays at 3rd. 

I just cant figure this team out...they are very inconsistent offensively game to game...they dont pitch pafrticualry well past their two top starters...and their pen is awful...we better wake up or its going to be a disappointing  finish to a promising season...

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I just cant figure this team out...they are very inconsistent offensively game to game...they dont pitch pafrticualry well past their two top starters...and their pen is awful...we better wake up or its going to be a disappointing  finish to a promising season...

Nobody is really good this year Roy.

Injuries have leveled the playing field.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Of course he won Gold Gloves around the same time as Rafeal Palmeiro was winning them despite only playing 24 games in the field. In other words, the bat mattered back then even though it was not supposed to. 

Eh, the stats from what I can tell back it up.  I don't know if he was truly elite as a third baseman when he won those GGs but even if you're just strictly going by old school errors and fielding percentage, he did get better over his career.  By Rtot he was solid, too.